Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a bike of unknown manufacture off of ebay. Its made in China but other than that no knowing who made it. I can't seem to get it started, here's what i've tried.

Fuel tank full of 30:1 new gas.
Fuel valve on I think (vertical)
Choke is a lever that moves up or lays flat. No way to tell which way is choked or not.

Pulled twice slowly to prime,
Pulled quickly several times, no firing yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picture of the carb.

Looks like the lever on the left should be all the way up to close the choke. Can anyone confirm that and also look at the fuelvalve. Does that look like it is open?

Thanks
John

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
To choke it, the lever needs to be all the way up. The fuel valve is in the open position in the picture. If it still won't start you will need to drain the tank and rinse it out, blow out the fuel line, and then remove the carb and clean it out. The fuel pet cock will also need taken apart. These China bikes have little plastic shavings left over and they cause some not so serious problems. Nothing a good cleaning won't cure. Make sure to check "all" the bolts for tightness as well. They are fun, just a little tempermental.

·
Dorkus Maximus
2,749 Posts
i think it behooves mention that these bikes arent intended to be uncrated and immediately ridden. as racing motorbikes, they deserve to have a thorough once-over before use.

this also allows one to become familiar with the various controls, widgets, and other gizmos that make it tick.

i'm w/ chaos: clean the fuel system up a bit and go over all the chassis fasteners before riding. it may seem like more effort than should be required, but a small amount of patience now will make life much easier down the road and extend the lifetime of your new bike.

vince
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.