1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Terminally Adolescent
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Thats what happens when your "Hollywood Career" goes down the toilet. Those "B" movie rolls start looking good! :shake :rolleyes :shake

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I don't blame Zane or Busey. I blame the idiots that decided it was a good idea to make this movie in the first place.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
dustinw said:
A lot of traitors in Hollywood
I thought a lot of those fuckers were going to move to canada after Bush got re-elected?

·
Registered
714 Posts
movie...metrosexual debater...too many things to say...:mad

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
ktb said:
I don't blame Zane or Busey. I blame the idiots that decided it was a good idea to make this movie in the first place.
Oh, I blame them. They are the Americans. The people making the movie weren't.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
So it's not a movie that portrays Americans solidiers as all being heroes beyond reproach...who cares? It's a movie. Lots of bigger stars and certainly bigger directors and studios have done movies that have shown soldiers in an uncomplimentary light if not being downright sociopathic...some of them were good, some were bad and others were fucking great.

Full Metal Jacket...best war movie ever made. Many of the soldiers in that movie were fucked up. Like Pvt. Pile played by Vincent D'onofrio...who is the star of an NBC series today. Mathew Modines character shoots a wounded unarmed girl in the face with a 1911. "I'm gonna nominate you for the Congressional Medal of Ugly" is the response of his squad members. Stanley Kubrick directed it. Don't tell me I'm the only one who likes that movie.

Some other great movies like Hamburger Hill, Casualties of War, Platoon (Oliver Stone) just to name a few more...all fantastic movies.

People who haven't even seen the fuckin thing already have something to say about it? How the fuck does that work? Leave it to the philistines of Scarborough country.:shake

As for Hollywood being full of traitors...sounds like something Bill O'Reilly would say along with "the French are our enemies". What BS. Ya' know, you can take little slivers of anything and magnify them completely out of proportion to make a point. How about the other several hundred movies made every year in Hollywood? From my point of view, if you take the movie industry in as a whole, I'd say they make a whole lotta wholesome American films.

Please stop watching Fox, those assholes are rotting your brains. Think for yourselves.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
what people will do for money...

Those guys can shriville up and die...

·
Terminally Adolescent
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
laterals'kid said:
Full Metal Jacket...best war movie ever made. Many of the soldiers in that movie were fucked up. Like Pvt. Pile played by Vincent D'onofrio...who is the star of an NBC series today. Mathew Modines character shoots a wounded unarmed girl in the face with a 1911. "I'm gonna nominate you for the Congressional Medal of Ugly" is the response of his squad members. Stanley Kubrick directed it. Don't tell me I'm the only one who likes that movie.

The part about Us soldiers shooting up a wedding. That's just a little more "slanted" then the movies you mentioned. The girl your talking about in the movie was sniper who shot several of their platoon prior to getting caught. She also " tortured" 2 of them. By shooting their limbs to get more of them to come out. Not exactly some thing most would let go. You make it sound like she was some Innocent child playing with her teddy bear. Maybe you should have helped direct this new film. Your a natural. You sound a lot that Hendrix fellow from the interview actually. The plot to the movie alone is enough for me. I wouldn't feel "clean " sitting down to watch that movie. It's obviously propaganda. I wouldn't waste my time. Or give those shit bags a dime of my money. I'll leave watching it up to you. Sounds like you'll enjoy it........

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
OK, how about Sean Penns character in "Casualties of War"? Or Tom Berringers character in "Platoon"?

As for movies that portray the conduct of American Soldiers, there is only one thing I consider when critiqueing the content....is there any truth in it whatsoever? If there is one thing I hate, it's lies. If someone portays something that is a complete fabrication, I'll condemn it. But to say that because someone is an American soldier somehow precludes them from being a bad person or as being immune from the psychological damage that can occur in a time of war that could lead to immoral behavior is just untrue. I was a soldier and I can tell you, I met plenty of fucking scumbags who wore the same uniform as me.

The point here isn't the precident set by other movies which you, me and many other people enjoyed. What I'm opposed to is the fact that Joe Scarborough, on the show that bears his name, feels that he can make an informed editorial opinion on a film he hasn't even fuckin seen. I mean, doesn't that strike you as being a little odd? But what's more than a little odd of him to spew his own uninformed bullshit, is when someone turns around and repeats SOMEONE ELSES uninformed bullshit. Do you know what that makes you look like? I'm not going to insult you. My hope is that you'll think about it and come to your own conclusion.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
dustinw said:
Oh, I blame them. They are the Americans. The people making the movie weren't.
My bad. I did not see that part. Now I think Zane and Busey need to be bitch-slapped repeatedly with a heavy blunt object.

·
***Site Owner***
2,812 Posts
:showtime

·
Registered
368 Posts
I can't believe people are surprised hollywood stars would play these roles... :confused

This is also a movie created in a Muslim country. Even though no one has seen it, I think it's safe to say that this will be the most slanted movie ever created. And if you don't want to stereotype, then watch the video and zane himself says it's definitely slanted and even harsh.

Haha, I love how these conversations go from "check out this film" to "Please stop watching Fox, those assholes are rotting your brains. Think for yourselves."

·
Terminally Adolescent
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
laterals'kid said:
OK, how about Sean Penns character in "Casualties of War"? Or Tom Berringers character in "Platoon"?

As for movies that portray the conduct of American Soldiers, there is only one thing I consider when critiqueing the content....is there any truth in it whatsoever? If there is one thing I hate, it's lies. If someone portays something that is a complete fabrication, I'll condemn it. But to say that because someone is an American soldier somehow precludes them from being a bad person or as being immune from the psychological damage that can occur in a time of war that could lead to immoral behavior is just untrue. I was a soldier and I can tell you, I met plenty of fucking scumbags who wore the same uniform as me.

The point here isn't the precident set by other movies which you, me and many other people enjoyed. What I'm opposed to is the fact that Joe Scarborough, on the show that bears his name, feels that he can make an informed editorial opinion on a film he hasn't even fuckin seen. I mean, doesn't that strike you as being a little odd? But what's more than a little odd of him to spew his own uninformed bullshit, is when someone turns around and repeats SOMEONE ELSES uninformed bullshit. Do you know what that makes you look like? I'm not going to insult you. My hope is that you'll think about it and come to your own conclusion.
Uninformed? We have seen the trailer.. Know the plot... A side from some more bad acting and broken english what more do you need? Try again slick....
Scarborough country is a good show. No gloves type reporting and interviewing. Of course not being PC it pisses off the left wingers. Maybe that's why you don't like him.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
laterals'kid said:

Well maybe you dont feel strongly as we would about this. Dont you think a movie like this to come out at this moment isnt really a great idea? Its like throwing out a movie about a flu that killed millions in china. It is total propaganda on top of that.

I didnt say this movie cant exist but I sure aint gonna watch it nor promote it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I just think it's really funny that people who have never seen the movie critcize it based on the opinions of a person who hasn't seen the movie either.:laughing

It's hilarious.:crackup

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
ChazzCalamari said:

Scarborough country is a good show.
OK we're done here.:crackup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts