Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When someone is right on my ass going into for example a cloverleaf on the freeway. I'll not slow down going into the turn and of course neither does the enraged bozo behind me. I'll pull the bike down and rail through the turn. bozo ends up sliding onto the shoulder into the 'marbles' and damn near running off the road :redflip :laughing :laughing

On the freeway, I also enjoy when someone is tailgating and half driving on the shoulder behind me :rolleyes: wtf? I'm already 10 over the speed limit. So I just 'gently' roll on the gas :redflip The initial expression on their face is priceless; before they become a dot in my mirror. :laughing

I know I'm a little twisted :p

Anyone else with some stories?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
when in my cage when someone is tailgating i just go slower b/c im usually in no hurry

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
ZoomByU said:
when in my cage when someone is tailgating i just go slower b/c im usually in no hurry
I do the same and if they have the opportunity to pass, but choose to tailgate still, even slower. Then when they decide to pass, i cut em off

Yea, i can be a real ass. :redflip

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm too old for that tailgating crap. I do enjoy letteing a car creep up on me and hit a corner with them panicking to not crash. I had a friend in a Corvette do this and he stayed with me in the corner but the on the striaght he became a dot in my mirror. His excuse-I thought you were going to turn.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I usually pull over and let 'em pass if I'm able to.
Not that I don't get pissed when people tail-gate, but I can sit and fume about it without getting killed.

It is fun to lose people in the turns, though. For some odd reason, everyone always seems to drive faster around bikes.

·
Registered
643 Posts
For some odd reason, everyone always seems to drive faster around bikes.
We make it look so easy they feel like they aren't going as fast.. or they just want to prove something.. like their idiots.

Whenever people are tailgating me I turn around and shake my finger at them (only if it is safe) or if traffic is heavy I swat my hand at them with my eyes forward. If they don't get the idea at the next light I light-up my tire :mad:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I used to get really upset when people did that, then I almost got charged with assault for throwing pennies outa my ash tray and spitting at another guy in a car that cut me off n almost clipped me, it was ugly. Traffic held up, me standing outside his driver door (locked) spitting on his window at a red light, cop had a field day. Now I'm a pacifist...;)

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Hyrowler said:
I used to get really upset when people did that, then I almost got charged with assault for throwing pennies outa my ash tray and spitting at another guy in a car that cut me off n almost clipped me, it was ugly. Traffic held up, me standing outside his driver door (locked) spitting on his window at a red light, cop had a field day. Now I'm a pacifist...;)
I betcha he will think twice about doing that again though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's why I'm too old for that crap. Now that I'm in a minivan to and from work which weighs in over 5,000 pounds I welcome cars to hit me. I just drive along and sometimes even adjust my mirrors so I can't see behind me, turn on "the wheels on the bus" and just drive while my son and I sing along.

2 years ago I had an incident where a guy got out of his car so I did also, Then he realized I was a foot taller than him and about 100 pound heavier. Then his son got out and got in my face. Well after I lifted him off the ground by his neck they both got back in their car after I made them apologize and told them if I saw them again ...well you get the idea. I need to cool down-its just not worth it

·
Registered
81 Posts
I watch one

My buddy in his R1 and I were hitting RT125 after an Ephrata Breakfast run and he passed this slow moving Altima. I couldn't pass because of alot of twisty road.. Well I guess he was mad because he tried keep up with my buddy and he started going faster and I was behind the Altima when it went off the road into the woods. I was like HOLY HELL as I took the turn and waved..:draggin When we stopped my buddy didn't even realize what the dumb A$$ did.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nah, I am normally pretty calm. Like, yesterday, I got stuck behind some cars after waiting on the slower guys to catch up, you know, just to make sure no one had gone down. So I just calmly took my time passing them all again except for this one truck who apparently didn't enjoy being passed by me so when I finally got a chance, I stood it up, went by him on one wheel, looking at him, calmly gave him the bird, shifted to third set it down and threw the bike into a corner giving him an array of sparks for the knee pucks and I never saw him again. :redcreep :draggin

~ Tyler

·
Registered
100 Posts
motoboy said:
On the freeway, I also enjoy when someone is tailgating and half driving on the shoulder behind me :rolleyes: wtf? I'm already 10 over the speed limit
That's cool as long as you are in the rightmost lane. On the freeway, you should drive at least as fast as the vehicle behind you is traveling unless you are in the rightmost lane. Doesn't matter if you are traveling over the speed limit or not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jotz said:
I do the same and if they have the opportunity to pass, but choose to tailgate still, even slower. Then when they decide to pass, i cut em off
It really pisses them off when you come to a complete stop in the middle of the road and then take off. :flame

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Jotz said:

Yea, i can be a real ass. :redflip
I don't cut them off I'll try and play the wall with the unsuspecting vehicle next to me so they can't pass. I ticked off some guy real good doing that for two miles once. :laughing He kept shaking his fist. It was priceless. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Kratz74 said:
Well after I lifted him off the ground by his neck they both got back in their car after I made them apologize and told them if I saw them again ...well you get the idea.

:eek:

Note to self: don't make fun of the 'busa anymore... :laughing

·
Registered
62 Posts
Believe it or not- Iwas BIGGER then. I don't lift as much now. Bout killed myslef last night trying to bench 395.

Really...trust me.....:mad: :laughing

·
Registered
203 Posts
Kratz74 said:
Believe it or not- Iwas BIGGER then. I don't lift as much now. Bout killed myslef last night trying to bench 395.

:laughing :laughing
When I worked out, I could bench 180 on a good day.
Oh well, as long as I can still run faster than you... :twofinger

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Kratz74 said:

Oh cry me a river. :flipoff It's not easy being you is it? :laughing :p

·
Stress Relief 101
13,581 Posts
I try to keep a cool head now. When I was about 19 I was cut off by this guy. I flipped out and went after him. He turned onto the highway so I followed. We were doing about 140km/h when I leaned out the window and tried to hit his car with a barbell. He hit the brakes hard then stayed behind me until the next exit. When I was 21 (about 3-4 weeks after getting rear ended, which caused me to hurt me back, neck, shoulder and knee) I was cut off on the same street going the other way. This guy cut off me and about 4 other drivers. Only to be park right in front of me at the next light. :confused My buddy told him to pick a lane. The a$$hole gives us the finger. I snapped, jumped out of my car and started yelling at the guy through his window. The guy was some smart a$$ B!tch that was told as a child that you shouldn't hit people that where glasses. (he wore glasses) I see it this way. If you have bad aim then don't hit them. :twofinger Anyway. The light changed and the guy said "I have to go" and swung his arm up at me. So I punched him in his jaw. He took off to get the cop that was just down the street (a half block) and I turned and asked the people beeping their horns if they wanted some. The got off the horns :D and I hit the first side street and was out of there.

I got lucky.

The moral of this story is. "Don't be a dumbass. Keep a cool head."

James

·
Registered
866 Posts
ZoomByU said:
I usually pull to the right, but when I can't and a guy is really on my ass I pull the e-brake. They usually slam on their brakes and freak out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts