Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some member feedback to help other members learn CF's tricks to make surfing here easier!

Trick #1 - The USER CP This area allows you to read your Private Messages, it will also keep track of the forums you are SUBSCRIBED too, or any individual THREADS you subscribe too. Just the things YOU want, all in one place...... Many folks use this as thier start page, since it focuses on the forums THEY chose to monitor.

Trick #2 - The LOGO. see the logo at the top of the page? It is in different areas on different skins, but if you click the logo on any CF page, it will take you to the MAIN fourms index.

Trick #3 - The ENGINE. At the bottom of almost EVERY CF page is a search bar, that allows you to search the internet. It opens in a new window, so if you need info in the middle of a post, just search away!

Feel free to add you own tips, tricks, styles etc.... :thumb

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
The quick reply box at the bottom of a thread works great.

Bookmark your User Control Panel

Smilies can be typed in as well as clicked on :)crackup is : followed by crackup).

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be sure to ENABLE your cookies to keep you logged in. You can do this in your USER CP also!!!

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not forum Specific, but many find it helpful. You can make the TEXT on a page bigger if you have a wheel mouse. Hold down Ctrl and slowy spin the wheel, and the text will get larger/smaller to make it more readable.

·
Back in the shade where I belong.
12,261 Posts
1) User CP. As stated above, once you get accustomed to this, it is the quickest way to surf CF. I go directly to my User CP, I do not pass go or collect $200.

Subscribe to the forums that you most frequent.

2) The search function is also essential, especially for motorcycle related threads. Chances are with all the members that we have on this site, your question has already been answered. You will get the answer you seek much quicker. This would work particularly well for the new riders that want to get a 600SS or higher.
3) Get a notebook and pen and follow Prtclmn001 around. The kid has about forty posts a day. He must be doing something right. ;)
4) don't start shit with mods or admin (this is the quickest way to end your cf adventure i.e. Ridehard)
5) Did I mention the UserCp?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Multiple windows are your friend. I personally like to leave the main forum window open and I open the individual threads in another window. Then to avoid clutter, i HATE clutter, I close the thread after I am done reading or posting.

·
37,282 Posts
KDCX711 said:
Multiple windows are your friend. I personally like to leave the main forum window open and I open the individual threads in another window. Then to avoid clutter, i HATE clutter, I close the thread after I am done reading or posting.
+1... right click and open in a new window. :clap

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
The buddy list is also a nice feature to keep track of who's online. I know mine is slowly filling up with the Indiana folks.

Also, the ignore button is a feature you should always use. I know that there are some people I just won't get along with, instead of driving myself nuts reading their posts only to get pissed off, it's so much nicer not to see them at all! Use it, love it.

·
37,282 Posts
If you post something you don't want to post, use the delete post feature; click on edit and then check the box to delete your post and click the delete post button. If you delete the first post and you started the tread, say bye-bye to the thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sargent said:
Also, the ignore button is a feature you should always use. I know that there are some people I just won't get along with, instead of driving myself nuts reading their posts only to get pissed off, it's so much nicer not to see them at all! Use it, love it.
+1 That is a great way to just "turn off" people you don't get along with!!

One click, and they are gone. You can't even receive PM's from them!

Attachments

·
37,282 Posts
Make sure you read the whole thread before responding... sometimes, you'll get more stuff from that.

:)nanana scot :laughing)

·
37,282 Posts
citadel650 said:

3) Get a notebook and pen and follow Prtclmn001 around. The kid has about forty posts a day. He must be doing something right. ;)
hey! That wasn't there before!

:laughing

That leads to the next tip:

The Edit button can be your friend. :laughing

Attachments

·
Back in the shade where I belong.
12,261 Posts
Something I would personally like to see (although I don't think it would very prudent), would be a thread with a short description of each member. Not so much their bio, but their personality.

Examples:

Caster: Wears flannel thongs
Prtclmn: Puts the whore in postwhore
Rez: The main man, but enjoys a good spanking in the bedroom.
Pauldun: Has mastered the art of self fellatio.

Something along those lines.

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Prepare to lose some of your free time, be less productive at work, and plan accordingly. :thumb

·
Moderator,
7,795 Posts
CycleForums > User Control Panel > Edit Profile
CycleForums > User Control Panel > Edit Options
CycleForums > User Control Panel > Edit Password
CycleForums > User Control Panel > Edit Buddy List
CycleForums > User Control Panel > Edit Ignore List
CycleForums > User Control Panel > Private Messages

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
Rezin said:
+1 That is a great way to just "turn off" people you don't get along with!!

One click, and they are gone. You can't even receive PM's from them!
I just find it funny you used 101 for that pic:laughing

Also the links on the top of the page are a great way to go back on the forums you're looking at.

Attachments

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
Looks like even these tips wont help you:nanana

1 - 20 of 24 Posts