Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Moderator,
11,622 Posts
EZDozzit said:
If I had to recommend one, it'd be Verizon. BTW, next year, AT&T will also have "push to talk", same as Nextel. Verizon already has it.
Actually, Verizon's direct connect is like a 3rd rate walkie talkie. :shake As for bad customer service, Nextel is the best service I have had. But I deal with their government accounts peeps. :D

· Registered
787 Posts
LeonTLR said:
Actually, Verizon's direct connect is like a 3rd rate walkie talkie. :shake As for bad customer service, Nextel is the best service I have had. But I deal with their government accounts peeps. :D
I'm not interested in the push to talk from Verizon or anyone else. That was just an FYI for those of you who think it's trick. :D My company, Johnson & Johnson, has a corp account with Nextel and their customer service still sucks. :mad

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Chonch:

10 other Reasons why Nextel Sucks! (according to you hahaha)

1. Had to pay a deposit and got charged twice! this was a direct response to your credit rating all service will charge you a deposit if your credit is WEAK..hahah
2. Took 8 hours and about 20 different people to talk to to get it refunded! that is because you just don't know how to communicate with ppl
3. Refund got credited to my account not credit card. this was due to the fact that you owed on the account and it was an account through your employer
4. Took 1 month and another 8 hours and about 20 different people to talk to to get it refunded to my credit card.Once again bad communication skills
5. Nextel took 3 weeks to send phone after it was ordered on the net. Could this be because you were ordering a SHIT LOAD of phones for every Tom, Dick and Harry that asked you?, yea for sure there good buddy
6. Got overcharged on numerous bills. Translation you went over your mintues!!
7. Every time you call customer service you never call the right # and have to be transfered to 10 different people. they know it's you calling
8. Every time gou call a Nextel Phone you get "Please wait well the Nextel Phone you are trying to call is being located". [You get then M19 or M16 message on ATT so don't even go there with that BS[/B]
9. After contract expired I wanted to upgrade phone and suffer for another year and keep the same number. Nextel wants you to pay Retail for the new phone but if you get a new number and new contract you can have the phone for 50% off. once again you communication skills failed you. I know several ppl that at the end of there contract upgraded their equipment at a very low cost and got to keep their number. All the carriers want you to sign up again. When I was with ATT everytime I got an equipment upgrade I got a new contract.
10. Took over a month to get the deposit back! That is the same with all the phone comapnies there homie!!! they want to insure that your account is current and that they don't get stuck with any charges before they give you back you cash

I had ATT for 10 years before switching to Nextel and I have to say that I love my Nextel. Service areas are about the same in the Carolinas service is hit and miss depending on where you stand!! everywhere else they are comperable. I talk to ppl on ATT all the time and they sound like there in an aquarium....When my cell died I took it to the Nextel store next to the Sawgrass and they fixed my phone while I waited..no fuss no muss. Everytime I call customer service I get SERVICE!! not that I have to call them since my bill is always right because I don't go over my time!!

With all that said the choice of cell service is much like the bikes we ride. I have never tried Verizon or any of the other carriers but when I compare ATT which I had for 10 years and Nextel which I have had for 3 I'll stick with my Nextel thank you!!

· Registered
899 Posts
Nextel is pretty good. There are times when you want to throw it against the wall, but that is every cell service.... nothing is perfect. When it comes to Nextel customer service. I don't have to deal with them, cause I don't have any issues with them. My bills are always the same each month because it is a standard plan. Never do I go over my minutes so there is no fluctuating of the bill. Therefore, I don't have to deal with customer service at Nextel. Actually, it does not matter which company you have because I have also had AT&T and when I did have customer service issues with them, it was a nightmare. Soooo.... with all that said.

"TO each his/her own"... but Chonch85, your phone sucks..... maybe there is something wrong with the equipment or like your SO says, "You have too much shit on it"?????:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant

· Registered
3,769 Posts
Onetrick said:
Nextel is pretty good. There are times when you want to throw it against the wall, but that is every cell service.... nothing is perfect. When it comes to Nextel customer service. I don't have to deal with them, cause I don't have any issues with them. My bills are always the same each month because it is a standard plan. Never do I go over my minutes so there is no fluctuating of the bill. Therefore, I don't have to deal with customer service at Nextel. Actually, it does not matter which company you have because I have also had AT&T and when I did have customer service issues with them, it was a nightmare. Soooo.... with all that said.

"TO each his/her own"... but Chonch85, your phone sucks..... maybe there is something wrong with the equipment or like your SO says, "You have too much shit on it"?????:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant
+1 Couldn't have said it better myself :clap

I have a friend that is a mechanical engineer for Motorola & designs alot of the phones Nextel comes out with. He always hooks me up so I'm not complaining. I just picked up the new i730 yesterday from him.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Chinygyal said:

I have a friend that is a mechanical engineer for Motorola & designs alot of the phones Nextel comes out with. He always hooks me up so I'm not complaining. I just picked up the new i730 yesterday from him.
YOU SUCK!!!:redflip :redflip

· Registered
3,177 Posts
i dont know what ya guys are talking about i have a cheap ass erickson from Cingular wireless i pay 39.00 a month for 400 minutes and i have 3000 minutes rolled over from last year..so my bill its the same everymonth... :D and it has GAMES TOO :nanana :nanana :nanana :nanana

· Registered
3,769 Posts
ALF/USA said:
i dont know what ya guys are talking about i have a cheap ass erickson from Cingular wireless i pay 39.00 a month for 400 minutes and i have 3000 minutes rolled over from last year..so my bill its the same everymonth... :D and it has GAMES TOO :nanana :nanana :nanana :nanana
Screw the games, who plays those anyways :redflip

· Registered
3,032 Posts
Chinygyal said:
:clapI have a friend that is a mechanical engineer for Motorola & designs alot of the phones Nextel comes out with. He always hooks me up so I'm not complaining. I just picked up the new i730 yesterday from him.
Girl, hook ur frd up with one... :lol :crackup :laughing ;)

· Registered
899 Posts
chonch85 said:
LeonTLR
I had a Corp account and there Customer Service was the worst.

Snowman
When I want your comments I'll beat them out of you!

Onetrick
I never said my ATT phone was any better!
I never said yours was better or worse. I just made a comment about your comment about Nextel..... :redflip :redflip

Can I see you beat Snowman's comments out of him??????:clap

· Registered
787 Posts
Bottom line, everyone's had good or bad experiences with cell phone providers. As long as you're happy with what you have now. I'll stick with AT&T since I've been satisfied with their customer service. I haven't used Nextel and don't plan to. Their phones are larger than the average. I also hear our company telecom manager complain about their poor customer service. But again, to each his/her own. :redflip

· Registered
3,769 Posts
EZDozzit said:
Bottom line, everyone's had good or bad experiences with cell phone providers. As long as you're happy with what you have now. I'll stick with AT&T since I've been satisfied with their customer service. I haven't used Nextel and don't plan to. Their phones are larger than the average. I also hear our company telecom manager complain about their poor customer service. But again, to each his/her own. :redflip
I wouldn't stay with a cell phone company because their "customer service" was good, I would stay because their "service" and plans are good. If their service is good in the first place then there really wouldn't be a reason to contact customer service. :shrug Unless you need to change phones, which you can always do online.

· Registered
787 Posts
Chinygyal said:
I wouldn't stay with a cell phone company because their "customer service" was good, I would stay because their "service" and plans are good. If their service is good in the first place then there really wouldn't be a reason to contact customer service. :shrug Unless you need to change phones, which you can always do online.
Same here. Like I said on a previous posting, I always have great coverage with AT&T especially when I travel. The added bonus is their great customer service. I contact them on the phone instead of using the online service because I can provide a corporate account code and receive 25-40% discount on accessories.

· Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Chinygyal said:

yea, I have friends really high up in motorola.... get all the new shit months before it comes out

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.