Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard that they're repeating the contest this year... but I'll play anyway. :evilgrin

Odometer start, end, and tripmeter:
 

Attachments

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Degrees Fahrenheit:
 

Attachments

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Degrees Celsius:
 

Attachments

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And after that, I tried to ride to work this morning, and the bike was like, "Uh-uh. buddy, I was with you last night. I'm staying right here." :laughing

I had on a long-sleeve shirt, an electric vest, sweatshirt, riding jacket, longjohns, jeans, insulated boots, a balaclava and an open-face helmet (hey, no fogging!) and I was still half frozen when I got home. Took me almost two hours to stop shivering!

The whole thing was done at night, on a whim. Roads were pretty clear, except for the occasional salt cloud when a truck would go past in the other direction. Bike performed flawlessly.

All in all, a fun little trip!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,960 Posts
I could have tried that this morning....if my bike was in one piece. :p :laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
What in the world are those things on your bars? Did your gloves freeze to the grips?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Aquarello said:
I haven't heard that they're repeating the contest this year... but I'll play anyway. :evilgrin
I'll see if I can't give ya a run for it. I'll be heading on a 7-8 thousand mile trip on the 29th, and I just got this e-mail. :D :D

Hi Adam,
I was just watching the news Weather channel. When I see the extended forecasts for Minn, Kansas City and Denver, it terrifies me to think you will be out in those kind of temps. Please consider flying [not by bike but by plane]. Looking forward to seeing you.
Love, Mom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
Andy, nice run, this should be a good practice run for your next attempt:nanana to set the record:D

I am running the rules for the CSBA Frozen Chosen ride this year, I have to post them up
 

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Patience said:
What in the world are those things on your bars? Did your gloves freeze to the grips?
They're ATV mitts. Insulated bags that fit over the controls and (theoretically) keep the wind and cold off your fingers.

Normally they work pretty well, although for this trip, I had to keep stopping to heat up my gloves on the exhaust pipe...
 

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
plasticweld said:
Andy, nice run, this should be a good practice run for your next attempt:nanana to set the record:D
Oh, how he mocks me! :rant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Aquarello said:
They're ATV mitts. Insulated bags that fit over the controls and (theoretically) keep the wind and cold off your fingers.

Normally they work pretty well, although for this trip, I had to keep stopping to heat up my gloves on the exhaust pipe...
Huh. Interesting. I'd never seen those before...

Considering how cool they look hangin' off your bars like that... like you just popped a casserole out of the oven and hopped on your bike, I'm surprised. You'd think everyone would have a pair! :nanana :D
 

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Patience said:
Huh. Interesting. I'd never seen those before...

Considering how cool they look hangin' off your bars like that... like you just popped a casserole out of the oven and hopped on your bike, I'm surprised. You'd think everyone would have a pair! :nanana :D
I generally get this comment (minus the casserole bit) from people who have put their bikes away for the winter. :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
So I can't win by intimidation, huh? :D
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top