Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys are the only christian or close to it in your place of work? I feel blessed that my job is owned by a christian and is a easy place to share my christianity with others. Now that I am on 2nd shift it's me and another guy that is a non christian but he is cool about it so I'm just going about my night just trying to be a light. I was just wondering if any of you guys were in a place that was not open minded about sharing religion with others.:(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh yea,

I am the only Christain in my office, it is very hard sometimes to hold my tongue but I make sure they all know where I stand with my faith. Not a hundred miles of darkness can put out one burning candle, the darker it is the brighter it shines.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm lucky - a good number of people that sit near me in Dilbertville are active churchgoers - in fact, same denominational and ethnic background - and there is at least one that I chit-chat with freely that sits two prison cells - I mean cubicles - from me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've been there before.:eek I spent alot of time in the mens room talking to Christ, because no one would understand. I would see and hear things that Christ would not be happy about, but given the chance I would speak out on what the word say's.:p

·
Wannabe Poser
4,235 Posts
My workplace is a mix of most religions you can think of. I find it fascinating to learn new beliefs and cultures. Some I don't understand, some make perfect sense. In my workplace religion never becomes anything more than a simple conversation, so there really isn't any "confontation".
We share experiences, respect each other's differences, and go our own ways.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Politically we are of like mind in my dept. Religiously we are very different. I have only been in this dept for 2 months and my boss has made some very interesting comments and has had some conversation about God and Christian beliefs. They all know I am a Christian but what that really means to them im not sure I haven’t been able to share the whole gospel with them as of yet.
I tend to take the view of allowing them to see things in my life and ask about them then I tell.
It can be very hard when no one is a Christian. I used to work at a place with someone who was very outward about her faith, unfortunatly she wants very nice about it. Very pushy with others they didn’t like her and asked me often if that’s what most Christians are like.
:toothy

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is one other Christian where I work.Everyone knows I`m a Christian,and at the same time everyone knows I`m not perfect.I make sure of that:rolleyes .

Amen Florida Dawg to that bright light.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I came to Ca. two years ago to talk over what this company wanted to do and in every sentence the guy used the lord's name in vain... After a few days with him before I left I asked him if he would refrain from doing that... He said he would try, .. Not because he believed but, because he respected my faith and he felt I was the first Christian he ever met who really tried to live his faith... that was why he left the church as a kid. He seldom has used the Lord's name in vain since then and if he does an apology follows... He also has let me witness to him sometime and he does watch preachers on TV sometime :{ even if it is to look at what false things they teach. He knows some of the word he was raised Catholic but, it irritates him to see preachers and churches who are all about Money...

At one time I spoke out about an issue (our company name) and he told me he didn't care what Christians thought about it since none of them could afford our bikes.... Two months later I pointed out a Jesus sticker on a guys helmet who was picking up his new bike from us... Then a few months later he told me it was funny how everyone who was helping us out of our tough times seemed to be Christians... I laughed and asked him "well who else would God send me to help us when I pray?... He just grinned and said yea ok... lol

There are three of us working in my location now and two of us are Christian and he listens to us sometime. I just keep praying he will see the light someday... Oh! by the way we have changed our company name and last year I donated about $1800 in shirts and clothing to clothe the poor since we changed everything... We also donated an extra $2500.00 set of custom wheels for an auction to raise money for bibles last year since we do not use that style anymore... They auctioned off to a Christian biker for $550.00 I love how God uses the rich to provide for the poor and to bless His people... I think the CSBA is due for a little help in the Bible fund too... So, pray with me about it... and also for a chapter here in the future too...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have been lucky. I know that most are Christian and believe that the rest are Christian. Our company has about 50 people in 4 offices.

·
Registered
7,371 Posts
My boss and I tag team the non believers here. Love in one hand truth in the other.

There are only 3 people here out of 6 people that arent born-again christians that I know of. One of those 3 is the son of a preacher/pastor, one is a jew, and I dont know anything about the third one, because she is a new intern.

They are all very receptive to talking about God, which is cool.

-=-

I have never had a problem anywhere I worked. I mean, dont get me wrong, some people have been forced to wrestle with God because of the things you say to them; but, never been told to keep quiet or anything...

nm8

·
...needs suspension mods
268 Posts
the goat said:
...at the same time everyone knows I`m not perfect.I make sure of that:rolleyes .
That's in your job description too? lol

I've got it pretty good, I think. During my evaluation yesterday, my engineering manager grabbed the New Testament off her desk to show me some verses she'd been looking at.

That's a far cry from some of the places I've worked--like the morning my boss bragged to me about giving his wife a black eye the night before. :mad :shake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts