Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what can i use to clean up and old bike. its got some rust and the engine looks really dirty and dusty. the paint looks pretty good tho.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Honda Polish..............a miracle in a can!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Shane said:
Honda Polish..............a miracle in a can!
Couldn't of said it better. Believe it or not those citrus based cleaners do a hell of a good job on grime and grease. Be sure to get a good quality brand like 409.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Jaxon23 said:
simple green and for the rust use naval jelly...its pink and can be bought at an auto parts store
What he said.:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
my friend has some rust forming on a polished part?...what should he use to get that damn thing off??

thanks guys:redflip

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
simple green is awesome stuff

you should be able to get the rust off with it and a toothbrush spray it on and let it set for awhile spray some more and scrub

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
miztress6 said:
simple green is awesome stuff

you should be able to get the rust off with it and a toothbrush spray it on and let it set for awhile spray some more and scrub
simple green is good stuff but you have to be careful what you use it on... especially on polished metals(although some metal polish and elbow grease will usually save it)... also it will have a chemical reaction with some aluminums and leave a chalky whiteness where it contacted and if you rubbed that off it will be a paler color metal underneath... i've been working as a detailer for a while now and seen all too many new guys have to buy a set of rims b/c of using it on usually polished wheels or some older chrome wheels... also it will leave stains on paint that doesn't have alot of clear coat left... ever see that organic stuff made from oranges? it actually does quite a good job if not diluted too much and so far i've had good luck with it not damaging anything... and one other thing i wouldn't suggest getting a degreaser like simple green on your chain b/c the degreaser will mess up the lubrication in your o-rings, and this lubrication isn't replaced when you clean/lube your chain, the reason you clean/lube your chain is basically to protect the internal o-ring lube

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I use Semi-Chrome on anything polished and Simplegreen for grime. You can dilute it and still get the same results too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts