Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a dopey question...

I recently had the tires swapped out and replaced on the Bullet. Riptool advised it would throw my speedo off just a tad. I used my super chip book and programmer tonight to reprogram my super chip...but I think that the speedo is still off just a smidge. (Gotta love the power tweaks I installed though tonight! :drool)

What are the chances I can hook up with one of ya'll here relatively soon, and have you zapp me with a recording device, so I know from now on what to set my cruise at?

Got WAY TO HEAVY of a right foot, to continue getting tickets! :eek so if you can assist, I would greatly appreciate! :thumb

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
You could always set your cruise at 60mph and time yourself in between mile markers on the interstate to compare.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
Find a buddy with a gps and check your speed with it :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
ThrottleJock said:
What's a speedometer?
Those are the things that tell you how far you have traveled. :redflip

·
USMC 0341 '89-'93
3,176 Posts
Hopefully your speedometer was pretty close to dead on when it was stock, so go here to this tire size calculator link. Once there enter your stock tire size and new tire size and it will tell you how far off your speedometer is from stock. Then you can use that as a guide to tell about where you stand as far as speedometer error.

·
Heres a current picture of my bike
368 Posts
Aww boomer, just loose the dakota and get a Hemi Ram.

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dakota?!!!! :wtf you talking about, ya' Fla. Sand Flea?! :lol

Can you say Hemi?! :redflip

I would do the GPS idea as well...but am broke, and donna' own one...just thought I could con Gill or Jason with a cup of joe to clock me and see how far off it was....hopefully it is not off bad, as like I said, I used the programmer to compensate for the added height. I THINK that I did it correctly....suppose I shall find out as I head south for the Holidays....think the cops will buy it, when I get pulled?! :laughing

·
368 Posts
Sorry boomer. For some reason I thought you had a silver dakota but I can clearly see it is a gen2 Ram....looks like your the one who cant say Hemi!!!:nanana :nanana

Dont worry. I'll let you ride behind mine next time I come up:redflip

·
368 Posts
Yeah....I'll be heading up on Xmas eve. I cant wait to get out of FL for a while...this place sucks. I miss seeing all you guys.

Oh, and make that 20 spot a 50 and I'll give you a truck length head start, corners or striaght away!!!!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Boomer said:
Gill or Jason with a cup of joe to clock me and see how far off it was....
I tried hitting you on the nextel. If you can make it to the eastside by 6pm I can get you clocked. I don't normally drive a car with a radar, but it just so happens the one I had to take today is a traffic unit vehicle.

Let me know before 6 or I'm out Dawg!:nanana

·
Registered
816 Posts
or you can reset your odometer as you pass a mile marker, go ten miles and see if your odometer matched the 10th mile. This works well with modern electronic speedos.

Scot

·
Registered
790 Posts
Boomer said:
..I will just have to keep the speedo on 55 until I can verify! :laughing
Good Luck w/that!!!! :p :nanana :crackup

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, was booking down 485 earlier today. Was passing cars left and right, and looked down to see that the cruise was set at 72. Came up on a minivan, and in the darkness, I was able to tell that she/he had a digital speedo, and it was VERY WELL lit.

Slowed down a tad, and paced the van. From what I could tell from their speedo reading, vs. mine, Mine was dead on. I tried this with a few other cars, but could not make out their speeds. Damned analogs! :laughing

So, I guess I did a pretty good job last night of programming it....still, I would like to have it clocked by a LEO friend, just to set my mind at ease, so if ya'll can assist, let me know.

BTW...for Christmas I SURE could use a GPS! (hint, cough! :laughing)

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Just fina ya one of those "your speed-posted speed" radar trailers and drive by it. They are all over the place here. Same there I am sure.

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Boomer just wait until spring and follow Sig's bike all the way up 181 and you will at least be able to see how your speedo reads at speeds from 15 mph to 35 mph!:nanana :nanana JK Sig!!! Sure miss riding with ya, traveling man!

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
Fireblader37 said:
Boomer just wait until spring and follow Sig's bike all the way up 181 and you will at least be able to see how your speedo reads at speeds from 15 mph to 35 mph!:nanana :nanana JK Sig!!! Sure miss riding with ya, traveling man!
:redflip

Keep talkin' :fookyou

:laughing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts