Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Riding to Boulder, CO on highway 36 this morning... Freak'n cold as fook at 20F... Got warmer as I approached Boulder though.

Here's a pic of my baby wanting to go up to Peak to Peak highway...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another...

It's probably just me (being a 7R fanatic), but that ass on the 7R is sexy as hell! I love this ass shot.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
ya know, at even FIFTY degrees F, the windchill at 50mph makes it FEEL Like 30o F...at TWENTY I'd imagine sub-zero wind chill.

:eek

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

It's cold but after a little while, you don't feel cold any more... In fact, you don't feel much around your legs...

Seriously though, it wasn't bad going into work. Worst part was that I had to leave late from work around 7pm when it was dark and even colder than morning!

Wait, I'm not at the worst part yet.

So I'm riding back on the highway home, when my headlights just die and I'm going 75mph in the left lane. If anyone knows highway 36, it's dark as hell cuz they don't have many lights for the highway. I immediately pull over to the side, check every damn thing I could think of with my key chain light, and finally nail the problem down to a blown fuse. I must have some short going on cuz this wasn't the first time. I replace the fuse with a spare, and on goes the lights. After a nice 30-45min on the side of the freeway freezing my nuts off, I finally get going, praying that my headlights stay on. They did, and I'm home now with a nice cup of tea to thaw my ass.

So in conclusion, what I wanted to say was, I'm a dumbass.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Holy Crap!

Yes, 36 is dark and an absolute speedway because of all the commuters hell bent to get home.

Beautiful motorcycle. Be safe,

Richard

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
nice pics...sometimes u just need to ride no matter how cold it is. I'm off Sunday and Monday, and I hope I can ride a little.:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice pics but I'll leave the cold riding to you

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I rode this weekend- it was in the 60's :D

Man I love south Texas.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Trey,

But shoot, I'm sure you and the other CFRSR folks ride in much colder temp than I do up in Fort Collins!

Sigh... With the snow last night, my baby will be sleeping for a bit longer... :(

Yusuke

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
WOOOOHOOOOOOO, ya nutty fugger!!! Did ya nuts freeze up and fall off in the first 20 minutes or did it take longer?:p :p

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah, it's really not that bad for us sportbike riders who have fairings and wear helmet/leather jacket/back protector/boots.

I see Harley folks riding in much colder temp here with just their long sleeve shirt and sunglasses. Not saying that's smart, but damn, they are crazy...

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
Hell anyday you can get out and ride is a good day:D

Had electrical issues so I ended up riding the 500, but we did it 3 days in a row;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts