Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Cold gear

793 views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  tommymac 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Kinda pricey.....

$50 for a turtleneck?

#4 ·
The underarmour stuff is great. The only thing I wear under my gear, don't have any of the winter stuff yet though.

#6 ·
Vinny said:
Underarmor is top notch stuff. I used a lot of their stuff when I played baseball last season.
Maybe im oldschool. i'll stick with my union suit and trap door.:laughing

#8 ·
JustSteve said:
Well worth it bro, top notch material and their cold gear will keep you super super toasty!! And it will last you a long long time.
I bet it is. Actually, i could benefit from something like that, cuz i do ride all year round, and i hate layering.

Just to make it clear;:barf I HATE WINTER!! I HATE THE COLD!! I HATE FOGGY HELMETSHIELDS!!

Ok, i feel better..:D

#10 ·
I have heard they are realy good but I wonder if you are also paying for the name:confused

Tom

#15 ·
ejl127 said:
Modells has a preety good selection, as well from other brands and prices are competitive as well as sales.
Well I guess we know what karens getting me for my b-day now:laughing

Tom

#19 ·
JDogg said:
I'm rocking the Gerbings Jacket, Pants and Gloves.....(if I get to not drive the work vehicles)
Thats the stuff to have, is that the same as what geoff has:D

Tom

#20 ·
JAYBIRDGTO said:

Just to make it clear;:barf I HATE WINTER!! I HATE THE COLD!! I HATE FOGGY HELMETSHIELDS!!

Ok, i feel better..:D
Buy some ZOOK for your shiled the stuff really does work well I use it on my shield my sunglasses and my scuba mask:redflip

Steve comes home with this thing and I know he is dying to wear it with his leathers they are all black and the mask is black he's running around the house yelling I AM NINJA!!!! in the fake oriental accent

#21 ·
miztress6 said:
Buy some ZOOK for your shiled the stuff really does work well I use it on my shield my sunglasses and my scuba mask:redflip

Steve comes home with this thing and I know he is dying to wear it with his leathers they are all black and the mask is black he's running around the house yelling I AM NINJA!!!! in the fake oriental accent
An dyou couldnt take pictures:crackup

Tom

#23 ·
i was thinking about a heated vest from gerbing. does a bikes alternator pump out enough juice to heat a vest and recharge a battery at the same time, or am i just inviting starting troubles into my life. Also, is it true that as long as the center of your body is warm, your extremities will be kept warm also?

#24 ·
opinion914 said:
i was thinking about a heated vest from gerbing. does a bikes alternator pump out enough juice to heat a vest and recharge a battery at the same time, or am i just inviting starting troubles into my life. Also, is it true that as long as the center of your body is warm, your extremities will be kept warm also?
On full, the pants, jacket and gloves draw 8A (about 100W)

I have the thermostat, and riding in the mid 30's, I have not had the setting above 1/2, and in the 40's even lower, with the jacket and gloves only.

In the cold weather, I still hook up the battery tender at night to make sure that I have a full battery.

Depending on how much you ride, and how cold you are, the vest should not be a problem. I would suggest the jacket and gloves at a minimum, because the arms keep warm and if you have warm hands, your ability to control the bike is improved with warm hands.

#25 ·
JDogg said:
On full, the pants, jacket and gloves draw 8A (about 100W)

I have the thermostat, and riding in the mid 30's, I have not had the setting above 1/2, and in the 40's even lower, with the jacket and gloves only.

In the cold weather, I still hook up the battery tender at night to make sure that I have a full battery.

Depending on how much you ride, and how cold you are, the vest should not be a problem. I would suggest the jacket and gloves at a minimum, because the arms keep warm and if you have warm hands, your ability to control the bike is improved with warm hands.
I think the warm hands are the most important because when they get numb it gets tough in terms of throttle control and braking.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.