Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2000 zx6r, all stock.

coolant slowly disapears and looks to be going into the oil sump cuz it's turning a tan kinda color through the sight glass window.

anyone got any ideas on how to fix this or what needs to be replaced.

havn't been riding it much since i noticed the problem

thanks,
johney

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Let me know what you find out also, cuz I just picked up a '00 ZX6R with about 16K miles and it seems to be having an oil and/or coolant pump problem......(I think they run off the same shaft). I know that the coolant that was in there was not up to par as far as temp. protection goes so I'm gonna flush and change that and will change the oil too to see if it has any coolant in there for some reason. The oil pressure light is also staying on, which leads me to believe there is a pump problem.

NO more buying used bikes for me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this one has about 18k miles on it. but you can definatly tell it's gettin in the oil somewhere. it's an off, khacki type color, and the shifting is really rough. as soon as someone can give me an idea on where to start, i need to find someone that can help me fix it.

i'll post up what i had to do to fix it once its all done is anyone else has any issues like this.

·
Sometimes I Think Too Much ...
878 Posts
If you have coolant in the oil, the most likely place is the water pump shaft seals between the water pump and the oil pump. I think I'd replace the mechanical water seal as well as the rubber oil seal. Not a big job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.