Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorta! :laughing

My best friend is in the Air Force and being stationed in Hawaii for 3 years. He's taking his CBR1k, but doesn't really have much use for the VFR since he uses it with me on our sport-touring trips all over the country. The CBR will do the trick nicely for an island you can get across in a few hours. :laughing

So, here it is! I am babysitting a '99 VFR for 3 years. I doubt it will sway me from my general dislike for Honda, but I'm willing to see what it's like for the long term. :D

·
Moderator,
4,670 Posts
Give it a shot. She's a good bike and has served me well. I don't particularly care for those retarted looking Gary 'Busas anyways. :nanana

·
Support TC or fly like a fairy!
2,748 Posts
Yeah hop on that Honda, you'll be the focal point of every social gathering, it's the Miller Lite of the sportrider community, it's the topshelf of all 80 proofs, when you ride a Honda, everyone grants you the right of way, with a nice wave of hello, you will without a doubt meet the nicest people on a Honda.

:D :clap :rolleyes :laughing

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
RDeazy said:
Yeah hop on that Honda, you'll be the focal point of every social gathering, it's the Miller Lite of the sportrider community, it's the topshelf of all 80 proofs, when you ride a Honda, everyone grants you the right of way, with a nice wave of hello, you will without a doubt meet the nicest people on a Honda.

:D :clap :rolleyes :laughing

What he said. :redflip

Edit: Oops. I misread that as VTR, not VFR. Either way, great bike. :laughing

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RDeazy said:
when you ride a Honda, everyone grants you the right of way
Do you think they *don't* get out of my way when I roll by on the Busa? :laughing

The Busa gives me all the street cred I need. :laughing :D

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
RDeazy said:
it's the Miller Lite of the sportrider community
Are you trying to say that Hondas suck donkey balls, or that you have seriously crappy taste in beer? :confused :nanana

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Chris S said:
Are you trying to say that Hondas suck donkey balls, or that you have seriously crappy taste in beer? :confused :nanana
Whateva! Miller Lite is the best of the cheap beers, imdo.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
well cheap beers usually suck (though I like any Shiner or Bud Select), and Hondas aren't cheap bikes!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Chris S said:
well cheap beers usually suck (though I like any Shiner or Bud Select), and Hondas aren't cheap bikes!
Ehh.... I'm on a budget here. ;)

($2 Shiner pints at Cheddar's all day everyday :drool)

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Chris S said:
As Auslander preaches... Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Congrats Tracy, on reaching babysitter status... I earned mine with a Honda V too :D

Street cred :crackup He said Street Cred :lmao

·
Registered
802 Posts
why is he not selling it and buying a new on ein 3 years?

·
daddy vroom vroom
1,423 Posts
dover338 said:
why is he not selling it and buying a new on ein 3 years?
I guess you missed the part where he's in the Air Force...obviously he's not a very smart guy.:nanana :redflip

(btw...dem's just jokes ya'll. I am all about supporting our troops. )

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Corey_C said:
I guess you missed the part where he's in the Air Force...obviously he's not a very smart guy.:nanana :redflip

(btw...dem's just jokes ya'll. I am all about supporting our troops. )

DAMN... THAT'S why I can't seem to want to get rid of the F2... except I'm Army, so I guess that makes it even worse. :redflip

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Gixster said:
Sorta! :laughing

My best friend is in the Air Force and being stationed in Hawaii for 3 years. He's taking his CBR1k, but doesn't really have much use for the VFR since he uses it with me on our sport-touring trips all over the country. The CBR will do the trick nicely for an island you can get across in a few hours. :laughing

So, here it is! I am babysitting a '99 VFR for 3 years. I doubt it will sway me from my general dislike for Honda, but I'm willing to see what it's like for the long term. :D

Is the busa cringing from being so close to such an underpowered motorcycle? Is the Tiller slowly backing away from the Viffer in disgust? :redflip

·
jacked up on Mountain Dew
280 Posts
ok Tracy, let's see if we can get you laid by flexing your garage HP numbers for the ladies. the Vette, the 2 Juki's, the 2 Hondas (if you still have the Prelude), and I think you have a Kwaki engine that may or may not live inside a bike currently. do the math for us brother. whats the total horsepower inside your garage?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:crackup

Dano, you make me laugh buddy!

Let's see, while I somehow doubt that your intentions, as noble as they seem, will do any good, I'm willing to indulge you. :laughing

Let's see.

Modded Tiller. 135hp
Stock Busa. 160hp
Stock VFR. 120hp
Stock Prelude. 140hp
Stock Corvette. 300hp
Modded Galaxie. 400hp

Looks like somewhere in the neighborhood of 1255 ponies. Damn. Not bad at all. :laughing :D

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I think you're pretty grossly over estimating that stock VFR.

As much as I love mine, I'd be happy if it were putting 95hp to the wheels.

I seem to remember two slow, heavy Hondas leading the pack out on HWY 1 :nanana

Enjoy the bike. I like mine alot, if you want any tips/advice or have any questions, feel free to hit me up. (or you want to borrow a crashed body panel to freak your buddy out)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts