Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering were I could get some crash bars for my bike instead of frame sliders. I was told to get them from 905racing.com, but I didnt see any advertisements on that site. Would anyone know of a site that specializes in selling those stunt crash bars for all makes and models? Thanks all!!!

Ride fast, Ride safe and Ride often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
My recommendation is to go through Racing905.com
If they do not make a cage for your exact year bike, he will. They aren't exactly cheap compared to sliders but if you want some serious protection than this is the way to go.

Some people will tell you that these cages suck because you hit your shins on one of the mount bars but on the ZX9R I can attest to the fact that is isn't all that bad. Once you get used to it you will rarely even know it's there. For practicing of tricks I always wear a set of Fox Racing knee/shin guards so that makes the presents of the cage a non issue. Also the taller you are the more it will matter, I am 6'1" and it isn't enough for me to not use the cage.

If your interested in it call them at 619-210-3787, that's the number for sales and they are in CA so it's pacific time. Be sure to let them know that Anthony with Godspeed Extreme sent you. They know mw and will definetly do what they can to hook you up.

Here is a picture of the cage on my ZX9R, and the link below will take you to a page with over a dozen pictures of the cage on my bike. They come flat black and I just painted this one with RustOlium spray paint. They say they can paint them or even powdercoat them for you but a couple cans or paint will do it with ease. You will have to do some modification to get the lower back on. Let me know if you need anymore info and I'll gladly answer anything I can.

http://imageevent.com/savarese_family/2000zx9r;jsessionid=qu9v2ume81.buffalo_s

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, I am trying to get my hands on a bike for only stunts and need to know what to bolt on.

·
Lazy-Dog-Design.com
5,714 Posts
Freestyle Ingenuity makes one for $275 and I believe CrashCages.com makes one as well. Go to my site, www.SportbikeLinks.com and check under the xtreme/stunters sections. Links to both as well as 905.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts