Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else ever have issues with Lynwood Cycle Burn besides me?? It seems that if your not a *** with a HD or a wannabe *** with a HD you can't get shit.

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
Its ironic that your sig has a harley crank and pistons huh..... If you do not like them then go to another place.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
rzbanshee said:
Anyone else ever have issues with Lynwood Cycle Burn besides me?? It seems that if your not a *** with a HD or a wannabe *** with a HD you can't get shit.
What happened? I've always considered Lynnwood Cyclebarn's personnel to be one of the most friendly motorcycle shop people I know of..?

- Matt

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
HAHAHAHA nice lance, maybe hes a closet ***?

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
rzbanshee said:
Ya they are not big on sportbikes there. HOwever I forget the guys name in the parts dept but they have one guy that is all about sportbikes. If you dont mind poor service then that place is highly recommended :)

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just pissed that its still shitty out. I don't care much for the yuppie HD crowd but I would own a Chopper anyday.

I had problems there a couple months ago, I needed a battery and talked to service since it was still within the first MONTH of owning the bike and would be warrantied. They transfered me to parts to see if they had my battery instead of checking themselves and the catch was they transferred me to the asshats that were HARLEY parts not the everything else service dept. Well being HD parts dept, they KNEW everything and told me when I asked for a CBR954 battery that they had one and I even asked if they had to charge it before I came to get it and they said no they are in the back on chargers trickle charging all the time. I even asked again are you sure and they assured me it was ready for me and my HONDA. Well I went in walked up to MY parts counter and the guy said ya we have Honda batteries but they don't come with a charge in them!. Finally figured it out that they were sending me to the wrong dept. Needless to say I had this happen not once that day but TWICE because when I called later to see if it was charged they did it again and instead of asshat HD parts guy saying oh Honda wait let me send you to there dept, he checked on it and saidd it was ready. I came in and the parts guy says dude what are you doing here your battery probably has another hour to charge! OOOOOHHHH I was pissed..........

So anyway....... I haven't bought anything there since. However since Stoppies was closed yesterday and I wanted to check out new leathers and wanted to see which ones to have Chris order me up, I went back to the Barn. Well it just seemed like if I needed "CHAPS" or a "VEST" they had a gazillion different ones to chose from ,But didn't seem to have as much in the way of 2-piece leathers.

·
sumthin sounds crunchy
3,646 Posts
rzbanshee said:
I went back to the Barn. Well it just seemed like if I needed "CHAPS" or a "VEST" they had a gazillion different ones to chose from ,But didn't seem to have as much in the way of 2-piece leathers.
'

Bullshit, I happen to know they carry other stuff, like for instance those Chrome half helmets.. you could pick up two or three of those.. no worries..

AND they have a ton of those cool gloves with the fring crap on them.. and matching grips if your that cool..

:rolleyes

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
they told me if i filled out all the paperwork for a test ride (took about 30 mins) i could take a triumph out, but then of course when i was done the lady said, oops, no u cant.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
surferguy80 said:
they told me if i filled out all the paperwork for a test ride (took about 30 mins) i could take a triumph out, but then of course when i was done the lady said, oops, no u cant.
they let me test ride a rc-51 a 954 and a zx9.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Um... so let me see. The messages I should take back to work are:

1. We should let people under 18 who are unemployed take bikes that they cannot possibly afford to buy out for test rides?

2. We should stop selling Harley parts and especially not sell to anyone that someone else thinks might be homosexual.

3. We should stock more sport bike parts and accessories.

4. We had a problem with a screw-up a few months ago.

#1 and #2 - no comment can possibly help.

As to #3 - yes, acknowledged, and MAJOR changes are in the process of being made. Can't tell you about them yet! Having said that, there is a large selection of Vanson and other leathers and textile gear for sportbikes. Two-piece leather suits? - correct - we do not stock many, preferring to order them in the correct size when requested.

#4 - I would have liked to have been informed of this problem at the time so I could take a shot at fixing it or making up for it, (most dealerships have people to solve problems like this, and I am the guy for Cycle Barn) but given the tone and language of the post - probably not at this point.

You do have to respect the dignity and efforts of employees who may have made a mistake, but did not choose to assault the integrity of the customer.

Some of the problems people have with dealers (and not just us, but any business that deals with people) COULD be solved or at least resolved in a positive way if people would just be assertive and persisitent and send an e-mail of complaint to the company's web site. Any business with a lot of customers and a fairly good sized staff is going to have an issue once in awhile - it is simply a matter of statistics.

Of course, it is easier and much more common to just sit back and blast away and insult people from home.
Too bad.

Sincerely,
Dave Preston
Cycle Barn

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Actually The final time I went in for my Battery I went to the man in back who was supposedly THE MAN, he asked about having my bike checked for possible problems since it was so new. HE was the first to question this, not service nor either parts who ALL knew my bike was 1 month old. He DID take care of getting me a regulator with fairly quick turn around of my bike But also brought a lil more animosity when he said he'd have a tech look at my bike the same day. I went to service to arrange this and THEY laughed and said they didn't know what he was thinking because they didn't have an "IMPORT" tech that day! SO if I had a HD I could have had my bike checked that day. BUT I guess since they service HD's more they don't need "Import Tech's" around all days. Basically everyone I know who has heard my sad story has said the same thing......."Well I had better be getting kicked a killer deal on anything else I get there or I would never go back"

Also when I bought the bike, I came back the next day to pick it up after I got insurance for it, (But having signed and paid for the bike the day before) The battery was dead and I waited 2 friggin hours for it to be charged. But I guess it was my fault for signing the day before and not having any leverage left. Sure I got a couple sodas from the salesman while I waited for my bike. I really feel they could have pulled another display bikes battery and had me on my way sooner and happier.

SO NOW I GO TO STOPPIES! And I would honestly rather pay whatever Chris wants to charge me than go back to a store who seems NOT to care about individuals! (not saying stoppies charges more than the barn)

So Dave maybe you can take this back to the BIG MAN and tell him how I feel. BTW, It's funny how differently I've been treated by Smokey Point's store. I would let them work on my bike, but only since I got the pre-paid maintanance.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
rzbanshee

I know how you feel. Cycle barn treated me the same way when I went in there. I was trying to find the "right bike" when I first started riding. I went in there to "BUY" cash in hand an ready to go. But i couldnt get a salesman to give me the time of day in a empty( no customers that winter day ) .. so they dont get my business anymore

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright we need one more to start our own Biker Gang!

:D

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Hey if you wanna pay close to $15,000 for a 600, the Cycle Barn is the place for you! :laughing

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I have usually had good luck at Cycle Barn but I do tire of the HD slant. I did find a screaming deal there on a closeout Joe Rocket suit but thought it might be too small. The sales lady convinced me I needed to try it on. I couldn't even stand up straight it was so small and my seeds were crushed into my abdomen. She told me it fit great and I would be stupid to pass up such a deal. I walked funny for the rest of the day and that sick-to-the-stomach stayed as well.

So now, when I think of Cycle Barn, I get sympathetic testicular pain.

I still shop there, it just hurts more.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
boswalt said:
I have usually had good luck at Cycle Barn but I do tire of the HD slant. I did find a screaming deal there on a closeout Joe Rocket suit but thought it might be too small. The sales lady convinced me I needed to try it on. I couldn't even stand up straight it was so small and my seeds were crushed into my abdomen. She told me it fit great and I would be stupid to pass up such a deal. I walked funny for the rest of the day and that sick-to-the-stomach stayed as well.

So now, when I think of Cycle Barn, I get sympathetic testicular pain.

I still shop there, it just hurts more.
:laughing :laughing :clap

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.