Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know why the Texas Flag on the D and D pipes has the red on top of the white? I went to their web site awhile back and they had the texas flag on the correctly but not on stickers and and in advertisements, its kinda insulting.

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
probably because its d&d :confused

were not talking high quality here....its no wonder they screwed something like that up

edit: here is a pic for those who have no clue what is going on

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
As much as I do not like D&D pipes chances are those tags are printed up elsewhere. I'm guessing they got a large batch backwards and couldn't afford to wait and redo them. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
maybe they didn't want to deal w/ a lawsuit if the state of TX wanted to go after them , for using the flag....so they made it different enough not to mistake D&D w/ TX....:shrug

·
Moderator,
4,670 Posts
I think they have since fixed that. I think I remember seeing some newer pipes with the flag in its proper orientation.

[cue: "Major League" movie /Asian field maintenance workers]

"They're still shitty!"

[/cue]

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Xtant said:
As much as I do not like D&D pipes chances are those tags are printed up elsewhere. I'm guessing they got a large batch backwards and couldn't afford to wait and redo them. But I could be wrong.
Wouldn't that mistake make that batch of cans worth millions? Kinda like the stamps with the airplane printed upside-down..:redflip

·
my bike looks like shit
430 Posts
I think they were just trying to make it obvious for people that dont know that their pipes are the most ghetto things you can put on a bike at a glance.

·
Registered
802 Posts
now that's some funny shit. how come everybody in TX knows they are shit pipes, but nobody else does?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If they weren't soo small they might be ok but they look like 2 stroke pipes

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
I LOVE my D&D! Of course my neighbors may disagree at 6AM when I go to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.