Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2 As 1
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there we were sitting in our home, little daughter upstairs (she's 11) and her friend playing on GameCube, I was upstairs in our room, wife taking a nap.

The piece of garbabe that lives across the street on a diagonal from us... His friends, (it's ahang out house) went into our open garage at 6PM and jacked my kids 300.00 Scooter.

Other kids way up the block saw them do it, and came running down to our house and told us, but by the time we got out, in both cars, also called police at same time... They were gone.

Police rolled up about 10 mins later, and just as they pulled up, the mother of the kid across the street leaves. They went an knocked but no one answered.

Four neighbours, and two police cars of searching the blocks, came up empty. No one has a positive ID or knows where the kid who was actually riding it off lives. We just know he is one of the HS kids, and his hair colour and the colour of jacket he had on.

Police said they will stop at the bustop when school starts again... but thats two weeks from now.

Right now, my little girls Scooter, which was all decked out with Yamaha graphics, a clock, light up wheels, etc... is being repainted I am sure.

Thing that kills us is we can't do crap about this. This house where all the crap hangs out... they are under age (15-17) Can't touch them, and they know it.

Just really, really pissed. Daughter very upset. Wife, very, very upset.

We had been thinking of moving.... well, I guess this helps push us more in that direction lol.

/end venting.

·
Support TC or fly like a fairy!
2,748 Posts
:mad I doubt they'll repaint it, they'll just abuse the crap out of it. :mad

·
2 As 1
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they want to ride it anywhere around the neighbourhood, they better repaint it, unless they are really total idiots. (well, ok they are lol)

It's VERY distinguishable, she has the only one of that brand, plus one of the only red ones, and the only one with Yamaha graphics all over it, and the coloured tireflys. Plus there are a couple of things, they wont even know about, that will make it identifiable even if re-painted. Though I would have to be close to be able to see.

·
Registered
179 Posts
unloco187 said:
where do they live? i would be happy to take me and a few buddies to pay a visit, i hate people who steal from kids.
ahaha.. now thats positive action.. i like it.. kick ass sea bass :clap

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am ready

Let me know where and when and I will convert them all (aka scare the shit out of them) I dare you to give me the location!

·
Registered
629 Posts
With Texas' liberal guns laws I am afraid those kids are going to learn a really harsh lesson about life (or the loss of) if they enter the wrong garage.

·
2 As 1
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I recovered it tonight. About 2 minutes ago. I saw about 10 kids hanging out on a street by us. Sure enough it was in their garage.

They gave me shit at first, but I told them that it's a 11 year old girls scooter. This one kid, just told me he bought it for 20 dollars and wont tell me who he bought it from.

Scooter got beat up pretty good. Kid is only 17 who was in posession of it... So as dectective told me, we just looking at a slap on the wrist.

If I call the police, he wont talk to them either... and of course we will have to suffer the wrath of these kids I am sure destroying our home and what have you... decision time.

Oh yea.. 930 Kirtomy Lane (Pflugerville) take a right off Tobemory, fourth house on the right, pool table in garage... see you there :) lol.

·
2 As 1
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, just got done with the police. Two cars came out, spoke with the officer who had come out an hour before. They are going to go talk to the kid who gave it to me, and then I have to wait for when the dectective gets back to me on it.

They said they want to get the name of the actual person who stole it, or else they will charge the kid who gave it back to me with posession of stolen property. (Or he could be the actual one who took it as well, who knows... He does sort of match the initial description of the kid the other kids say they saw who ran into our garage and took it.

So now we sit and wait, and hopefully our home and property doesn't get the hell vanadlized out of it. :(

I don't know... doing the right thing, can sometimes work, or really end up costing us big time. This really, really sucks.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Enygma said:
Well, just got done with the police. Two cars came out, spoke with the officer who had come out an hour before. They are going to go talk to the kid who gave it to me, and then I have to wait for when the dectective gets back to me on it.

They said they want to get the name of the actual person who stole it, or else they will charge the kid who gave it back to me with posession of stolen property. (Or he could be the actual one who took it as well, who knows... He does sort of match the initial description of the kid the other kids say they saw who ran into our garage and took it.

So now we sit and wait, and hopefully our home and property doesn't get the hell vanadlized out of it. :(

I don't know... doing the right thing, can sometimes work, or really end up costing us big time. This really, really sucks.
Sounds like a good case for the civil courts too, if anything else untoward should come of the incident.

For a while at least, maybe you want to set up a nightvision video camera with a lot of tape? Or spend a lot of time in the garage at night, with the door up, lights on, cleaning your chain saw, wood axe, collection of hunting knives and other assorted weaponary?

Maybe a horde of motorcyclists hanging around your garage of a weekend might send a message?

:)

Good thing is that the kids now are on record as being involved in this sort of thing, so if other things like this happen in your area, or if they do similar things when they are of age, the police have priors to work with.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
274 Posts
unloco187 said:
hell no killing though, not for a stereo, but i wouldnt mind taking out a knee cap and leaving them with a limp to remember.
I can understand that sentiment, but be careful what you wish for. If you were to knee cap him more than likely your the one going to be paying for his medical for the rest of his life after the civil law suit. Especially if his lawyer finds this post. In fact, if the authorities found this post and you did have to righfully shoot him you could still face charges as this post shows more than a willingness to use a gun. That's something the courts do not like, especially in the liberal (read that anti gun) bastion you happen to live in.

In other words, it's not a good idea to make such statements in public as they can seriously hurt you. Glad you recovered your property. Pursuing legal action whether it's criminal or civil is the right way no matter what pain in the ass it develops for you. Too many people now a days take the path of least resistance. Maybe if someone else had the nuts to take legal action against those punks before now you wouldn't have been a victim yourself.

And keep your garage closed from now on. I never leave my door open.

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Congratulations on getting it back... bummer it's all beat up, that was HER job to do... not someone else's :( But, you have it back.

GOOD job on following through with the cops. I, too, believe that maybe if someone else did it before you this whole situation might not have happened.

Any luck going through the parents? I can tell you how absolutely livid I would be if one of my own did something like this... I know when I was a kid, Godhelpus if we ever did something like that... we'd be better off in the safety of the cops hands... my mother :eek :shake SOME parents are still like that ;)

Cameras are a good idea. Grant also has a good idea of working on the chain-saw :laughing Let us know when we all need to show up, I'm just down the road from you...

·
Registered
644 Posts
yeah your right inlaw. no more talk like that for me, i just removed the post beause with my luck some one will be an idiot like me, so what i said, then ill get my as kicked for it. maybe if i get lucky ill just use my military nightstick and call it a night until the cops get there.

·
2 As 1
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well, I have repaired the steering head, and fixed the cracks and scratches as best I could. They did drain the batteries totally dead, (uh oh, might have some bad cells now) I put some other graphics on it to make it purty again.

We are having as we always do a little bash for the New Years (nothing like what we do on the 4th) but will still be nice. With the fireworks of course :)

Wife said, anyone who wishes to stop by is more than welcome. We have a few people coming over this year (mostly just neighbours) nothing big this year.

It is a child friendly party, we have 3 rooms upstairs where they all hang out, and play on the GameCube, Daughters PC, and about 3 million board games lol.

Adults, hang out downstairs while drinking and eating, while others race people on line, and still others just hang out on the backyard deck.

If anyone wishes to stop by just shoot me a PM :)

·
2 As 1
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh this now sucks... dammit!!

Well, it's been three days since we recovered it. My little girl though has not taken it out yet.

So we asked her, why haven't you ridden it yet? Well, at first we got a couple of reasons, but then she let us know... She was scared the "bad kids" might jump her, or try to take the scooter again.

We had a talk with her and assured her NO ONE will even come near her. Also that no one will try to take it again. She said she felt better after our talk, and just now she and two of her friends went out for a little ride. (yay)

Still, killed us that she had to have that fear. Those damn bastards. :mad :mad

1 - 20 of 21 Posts