Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*WARNING!* Rant to follow!

My daughter, her husband and my Grandson came down for Christmas. More and more when I see her husband I realize what a piece shit he is. This is an asshole who works 30 hours at a McDonalds a week. He bitches that the WIC baby formula runs out before the end of the month and he has to buy some out of his own pocket.

They came down and yesterday they hit me up for money so they could go out to eat. Normally I don't mind, and would have taken them out to eat myself but it pisses me off that they had no money to go out to eat at all.

I told this guy once that there is a lot of work in the oil fields here in Sonora. His answer was that he make too much money and lose their government assistance. :eek :rant

What my daughter was thinking I do not know. My dad and I got together and bought her a used Grand Cherokee a few months ago and I put new tires on it. That is it. That is going to be the extent of my help.

My other daughters tells me the this bastard bitches about me not helping them out financially. Fuck that asshole. My daughter made a choice to be with a half starved asshole and she is going to have to deal with it. I'll buy diapers and baby formula but nothing that would benifit him in any fucking way.

Of course my daughter always starts with that "I love him" shit. Good, she's gonna need it. She knew he was a piece of shit going in, should have seen the consequences. She made her bed, lumpy as it is she will have to lie in it.

I would be more than willing to chip in financially, but not unless this son of a bitch shows me he is making an effort. I am not going to support any trailer park trash, Jerry Springer Candidate.

*Rant Off*

Whew* I feel so much better.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
We should hook him up with my sister-in-law. She spent all her money on meth. :crackup

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
No no, take him on a fishing trip.. :D

Go out into the Gulf and drag him behind the boat... sooner or later a really big ass fish will make a meal out of him.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Stillie said:
KICK HIS ASS SEABASS!!!
+1

no really, your doing the right thing by just buying baby stuff. and just keep doing that.

your daughter has to learn on her own that he's an ass, otherwise she'll blame you for him leaving...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Every family has them, Speed. You are taking the right approach, IMO, just giving more hand-outs is not going to help. And I know you want to give him an ass beating but that won't help either I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Don't give in... Eventually the a-hole might grow up and act like a man. Any help from you might just delay the process........ :shake

·
Registered
24,660 Posts
Triple said:
Let's hope he doesn't round out the ass-holish package by smacking her around.

if that happens, Speedaddiction just needs to call up a few of us good ol' boys and we'll take turns smacking him around for a few days at a time;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yamerhaw said:
not being an ass, but does she work?
Not flaming you yami...but doesn't she have a new baby?
And no I am not against mothers working, but I think she has a full time job right now. From the sounds of this guy/husband, I wonder how much help he is around the home:rolleyes

And speed, I agree 100% with you. These are adults yes? Helping out would be a pleasure I am sure if the guy was decent enough to take care of his family properly. Why should you give (except for the baby) to a lazy man who could do more! I am guessing he is healthy and able?

:confused

·
Back in the shade where I belong.
12,261 Posts
speed, I got a chick at work that was in the same exact situation.....well except for the fact that she was the bread winner and he stayed at home all day and did jack shit. Give it time, she will eventually see the error her ways and send his ass packing.

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
RACER X said:
+1

no really, your doing the right thing by just buying baby stuff. and just keep doing that.

your daughter has to learn on her own that he's an ass, otherwise she'll blame you for him leaving...
+1

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
speed, your doing the right thing..... there is no way in hell your daughter will listen if you say he's a piece of shit and either he changes or she leaves him..... that she will unfortunately need to learn the hard way if she is too blinded to see his true self. the only thing you can do is let her know what YOU think of him and why you dont support them financially more than you do, and let her learn what kind of guy he really is :shrug

I have relatives in the same boat... and they are doing everything in their power to get their 20yo daughter (my cousin) to stop seing her boyfriend..... it is very entertaining because the family arent noticing but they are digging them selves in a BIG hole and they keep digging ...... but the more they attempt to stop their daughter from seeing the guy, the less faults she see's in him and the more she see's in her family... and consequently the deeper the hole the family is digging themselves in. Let her know why you dont support them anymore than you do finacially (that youll happily support the child but will not fork over anything to the lazy man if he doesnt do anything of himself) and let her realise/learn her own lesson the hard way... sounds harsh but she wont get it any other way.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Speed, you are very much correct in your behavior here.

I live by a concept I call "Light-Socket Theory". Basically, I don't learn unless I burn myself. When I was a kid, I stuck my finger in a lightsocket. People told me not to do it, but I did it anyway. I got burned. Guess what? I don't stick my fingers in light sockets anymore!

Same situation as here. People LOVE to be able to shirk responsibility. Whenever you step in and give them money, etc., you also provide to them an automatic escape from the responsibilities of life.

It hurts, but then, doing the right thing isn't always comfortable.

Final note: your job as a parent pretty much ENDS at the age of 18. At that point, in theory, you have done everything you can to have taught your kids as much as possible about how to live in this world. It's then up to your kids to make it on their own. If you continue to step in and bail them out when they are in need, then your daughter/son-in-law will continue to be able to shirk their responsibilities.

Your daughter has her finger just inches away from the lightsocket. As much as you tell her it is going to hurt when she stick it in, she won't believe you until she experiences this herself.

Let her. With love.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Speed,

If I didn't know better I would think my dad was in this forum. Can't be, no computer.

You are taking the right approach with it. Make them grow up and deal with life. He needs to become a man and your daughter just needs to see him for the waist he is. :shake

Hang in there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts