Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"We will preserve for our children th
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....not all Jay a pan in the top slots. Refreshing I must say. Discuss amongst your selfs!

Dramatic disqualification hands BMW Duo fifth and sixth!

Well after the post-race celebrations had finished, Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport found out that the Formula Xtreme Daytona 200 winner Joshua Hayes had been disqualified because of a technical infringement. So, Chaz Davies (Kawasaki), who finished second, was awarded the victory. This means that BMW Motorrad Motorsport riders Richard Cooper and Brian Parriott move up the order to fifth and sixth places respectively. After the news was broadcasted, Berti Hauser (Director of Motorrad Motorsport) said, "The news is fantastic for sure. We were very happy with the results yesterday, so to now get fifth and sixth makes us even more happy and an even bigger reward for all the hard work the whole team have put in this week."

Results

1. Chaz Davies, Kawasaki, 69 laps
2. Steve Rapp, Kawasaki, 69 laps
3. Larry Pegram, Ducati, 68 laps
4. Martin Cardenas, Suzuki, 68 laps
5. Richard Cooper, BMW Motorrad Motorsport, 67 laps
6. Brian Parriott, BMW Motorrad Motorsport, 67 laps
7. Bobby Fong, Suzuki, 67 laps
8. Bostjan Skubic, Yamaha, 67 laps
9. Steve Atlas, Honda, 66 laps

·
Where did my footpeg go??
447 Posts
It's AMA racing. Most of the "good" riders are in WSBK or MotoGP. Spies will be in MotoGP next year.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
LEt's not forget the Triumph riders:
16. Robert McLendon, Triumph
24. Andy Galindo, Triumph
55. Shane C. Narbonne, Triumph
63. K. Mark Crozier, Triumph

Shane was putting in some decent laps before the motor expired, a piston circlip failed. All dealer teams.

·
Moderator - NTSR,
277 Posts
Shane Narbonne?! The name sounds awfully familiar. If it's who I think it is, he's a kid of about 15 or 17. I think he was one of the 14yr olds I was shooting photos of a couple years back, running 125GP bikes at a track day.

And from where I come from (age wise), Steve Rapp and Larry Pegram are big name riders. :)

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
PixMan said:
Shane Narbonne?! The name sounds awfully familiar. If it's who I think it is, he's a kid of about 15 or 17. I think he was one of the 14yr olds I was shooting photos of a couple years back, running 125GP bikes at a track day.

And from where I come from (age wise), Steve Rapp and Larry Pegram are big name riders. :)
He's 17, and I think it is him. Runs for Team S-Works now. http://www.sworksracing.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts