Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I stopped at CampOut on Rt. 22 near me earlier today.

They have an enclosed 16 x ?? for $50 a day.
(Air Brakes - Dual Axle)

They also have an open 16 x 5 for $30 a day.
(Landscape type trailer)

Both trailers hold 4 bikes!

I think I'm gonna get the open trailer, not for the price but it'll be alot easier to pull with my Explorer.

They said a 3 tp 4 weeks notice and reservation should be enough. I'd like to put a deposit on it soon though, cause I'm sure come closer to March, they'll start going fast.

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
not a bad deal. Now i know where to get a trailer if i ever need one. Thanks pete for the tip

·
Registered
92 Posts
Pete, Go with the open. When we went down last year with the open, we saved a ton on gas thanks to "no drag". When we took the enclosed to Biktoberfest with Silverrr's F150, that pig never got over 75mph. :eek

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
palani1 said:
Don't forget to pack this year! Remember how fu#$king cold it was!
Do I... I remember the first day we got there.. My hands were freezing getting the bikes off the trailer!

·
You're so big you HAVE to ride a Busa, huh?
320 Posts
Pete...I assumethey have more than one of those open trailers for rent?

Michael...Are you handling the trailer for our 4some or am I?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Darkeyce said:

Michael...Are you handling the trailer for our 4some or am I?
Whatever you want to do, big guy. Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, they have more than one. They also have a store out west close to the PA border that also has trailers.

·
320 Posts
Any suggestions on where we should be staying?

What is near everything etc?

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
UPDATE:

I priced out some hotels... Many of the hotels are sold out already so I think we need to book soon. Let's try to iron out room and driving arrangements. I guess if we can, we'll try to fit 4 people to a room? What do you guys think? (From doing a quick search, figure to spend about $400 a person on hotel accomidations.)

Here's a list of people so far, If I missed anyone please let me know.

Definites:

Pete (Pete9976) - Driving
Tony (CBR954RR)
Emmanuel (Eracer777)
Mike (Kazz)
Dan (Slipsnot)
Mike (Aauuuggaa!)
Christopher (Darkeyce) - Driving
Ken

Possibles:
Tony (G-Tone)
A (JackInTheBox)
Mike Roberts

The plan is to leave NJ on Monday March 3rd and arrive in Daytona on Tuesday March 4th. We head home on Sunday, March 9th (After Daytona 200) and arrive back in NJ on Monday, March 10th.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Mike Roberts..... My friend is a definate maybe also Pete.

It's one of those things were he said.... "Sure I will go" and then never talk about it again. I will confirm it with him today.

·
320 Posts
My cousin Keith is a definite to go.

He is in maryland so we'll pick him up on the way down.

·
320 Posts
Pete,
How is the hotel search going...I was trying to scam a timeshare but the closest i can get is Orlando.

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Darkeyce said:
Pete,
How is the hotel search going...I was trying to scam a timeshare but the closest i can get is Orlando.
I did a search on Expedia, rooms are still available right on the strip.

We should narrow down the plans pretty soon. For example, who's driving (Pete and Chris), who's going in what car and room arrangements. If everyone that's responded makes it, we might need another driver.

So far we have close to 11 people, 3 probable. If we do 4 per room, we'll need 3 rooms.

I just found the Radisson down there, I think it's a nice place. They want $279 per night, for a foursome.

($279 x 5 nights = $1,395 / 4 = $348 per person)

On the website, you can request more than one room as well. This is pretty convenient, that way we can all get rooms in the same area/hotel!

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Guys,

Christopher and I spoke on the phone today. I think we're getting to the point where we need a definite head count so we can book the rooms. Christopher and I don't mind putting the rooms on either of our credit cards, the only thing is that we'll need to get re-imbursed. Don't want to book the rooms and then have someone back out!! (If that happens then you might be find yourself swimming with the fishes!!:D)

So far Christopher's car is full. Looks like the following people will be driving down in his truck.
Christopher
Keith (cousin from MD)
Michael (Aauuggaa)
Tony (G-Tone)

If most of you guys are gonna be down at Dan's house on Saturday night, let's try to iron out the details. Let's do it before anyone gets drunk of course!!

As stated before figure on spending about $350 - $400 per person for the room. (As long as prices don't go up and we book soon). We'll split gas on the vehicles and then all that's left is the trailer which is ($150 - $200 divided by 4). Other than that it's just spending money!!

So again, if you're a definite please reply back as soon as possible!!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts