Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Suzuki GSXR-750 (03-05)

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wich one would you buy? TLR-1000, RC-51, or GSXR-750?

Be honest (Matt, John, watch it!) I would like to get on a twin, but hard to ignore the 750's abilities.
You don't see too many v-twins around, kinda cool IMO.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Get the 03-05' GSX-R750 so I can ride it. :D

I had the choice to get any I4 1000 or 750-600 but didn't. The twin bug got me. Every thing I like about motorcycleing is expressed better in a twin. IMO. (Maybe a V4 or V5 :confused I dunno)
I do know that aside from the motor configuration my ZX-7R felt almost exactly like my RC. The biggest difference is the way they make their power such as the interval between power pulses. Not much would happen until the very last digits of the tachometer of the I4. It sounded like alot was going on but that wasn't the case. The wierd thing about it was, in terms of forward propultion you had to wring it pretty hard, and try not to miss a shift. However when leaned over The ZX-7R would quickly load up the rear an would be a handful at even moderate lean angles using a closely monitored throttle. With no warning. Sometimes I wouldn't even know I was spinning the rear. (spooky)
With the RC she just digs in and gives me an earlier warning when I'm about to exceed the rules of prudence or physics. I dunno maybe stock suspension has come a long way. I can only imagine what she'll be like with ohlins front and rear. Anyway That's one if the main reasons I went with the RC. That said I understand the RC isn't for everyone.
Between the 03' GSXR and the RC the dyno says they're similar in power (est.120-130hp, depending on who you ask) not doubt the GSXR will feel faster because it is a little bit but mostly because of the way it makes power. Peaky. I'll also go a little farther and say out the crate the GSXR is closer to race ready than the RC. So there's no way to go wrong between those two.
As for the TL.
The TLS had so much potential to bad it was wasted on the TLR. Honestly I would take a TLS over a TLR.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm also getting the v-twin bug, but I'm so accostumed to revving the piss out these I4's that for my money seems that a 750 would be the best compromise. I wouls still get most of the 600 agility but with more power and torque everywhere on the range.

With that said, I would have to wait a little longer to be able to afford an '03-'05 model, whereas I could jump on the '00-'02's right now. Asides from the radial brakes set-up and body work, they're really not that far appart.

That was logic talking, now if you ask me what would I ride right now, I say I would jump on a v-twin.

Oh well, if it could only stop raining for a day or two so I can go riding and forget about spending. But thanks guys for your opinions, seems like we are all in agreement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.