Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the pop/soda related threads floating around here I just thought I'd share with ya'll.

I'm happy to say that I think I have finally kicked my diet coke habit. I was addicted to the stuff and drank it all the time. Every day I'd drink 8 bottles of water but I'd always have one, two, or three cans of diet coke too. It was like I couldn't live without the stuff.

Well after recently starting a new regime of healthy eating I cut diet coke out completely for 4 days. Doesn't sound like much to most people but it was a big deal for me.

Now I only have it once or twice a week and only if I'm out for dinner or something.

Just thought I'd share ;) :laughing

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
The biggest thing about drinking soda is the excessive intake of Phosphorous.
If your phosphorous intake is GREATER than your calcium intake, then THATs when soda becomes a problem involving your bones. This is why it is so critical that a child not drink so much soda. It depletes the strength in bones. And by the time they get to early adulthood, it may be too late to correct the bone problems.

But anyways... Congrats Kell. :thumb

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooh that reminds me. I need to buy vitamins and start taking calcium. I get almost ZERO calcium from my diet (one yogurt a day doesn't count for much) and I need to fix that.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Congrats! It's tough to break those habits.

When I was younger, I drank at least 5 cans a day of coke. I gave up soda for Lent when I was in 7th or 8th grade and haven't been able to drink it since. The first sip of soda I had after Lent was over made me gag. Cold-turkey is the way to go :thumb

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
Women's One A Day's are the best. But you might want to get an additional calcium supplement while you're at it. There is 100% iron in them and 45% calcium, and iron crosses out calcium. Unless, of course, you eat enough milk, cheese, yogurt products-- then you should be ok. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts