Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back mostly unharmed (though very bruised) from my first dirt ride.... I loved it - it was brilliant. But I sucked - I stopped counting after 6 get offs but according to the owner, the bike was unharmed. Amazingly the bike (Suzuki DR350) seems to run pretty well under water too!! I enjoyed the day a lot and am really glad to have tried it at last. (I've been riding streetbikes for over 25 years)...

When all my aches and pains have died down a bit I'll probably start pining for a dual sport of my own..

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
They are a blast, and yes they will toss you on the ground in the blink of an eye.

Being a little further up I77 north of Akron, it's a pain finding places to ride, One place we had, has hunters there now. There are a couple place in Malvern to ride, off RT43. Let me know if you need directions.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha... thanks RSV but I'm not sure yet whether I'll be getting a dirtbike any time soon. It was a great experience - my friend lent me his second bike for the day to let me find out if I would want to invest in one for myself. If I was 10 years younger, I'd probably be out shopping for one ... but right now the jury is out.

I'm pretty certain I was riding WAY beyond my comfort zone most of the day and that if I got one I'd take it a lot easier but it seems there's just too much of an injury factor in it.

Plus of course the management angle: when my missus caught sight of my bruises she said "you're not to play in the dirt with those rough boys ever again", followed by "no, Santa isn't going to bring you a dirtbike this year".. she's amazingly supportive of my streetbike habit and I don't want to push my luck!!!

As you live reasonably locally, and I saw you have a Mille on your website.... maybe you should ride down this way sometime and we can do some roads together.

Also: check out the Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts http://pub89.ezboard.com/bcore74332 - nicely active Ohio sportbike forum...

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Lol, I've been meaning to get down that way, I've heard both 800 and 250 are nice.
After breaking a collarbone, I try to stay under my ability, plus I wear so much gear I look like one of those guys you get to beat on in hand to hand combat pratice.

I haven't done much Weekend Sports bike riding, lately I've been trying to get out on the dirtbike, or AutoX'ing on my Sunday mornings out.

I need to negoiate a Riding day one of these days....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts