Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with DIY (Do-it-yourself) chopper kits. I'd love to have one some day, and Id really like to build my own. I don't have an unlimited budget unfortunately so it will have to be as pocket book friendly as possible (lol yeah like its possible.)

Anyone have any experience with any, any recommendations, or suggestions?

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
We can get about 30 different types. Most seem very poser, and thats about all, but there are a few that seem decently solid and ridable.... Pricey, but not too bad all things considered............

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FastRC26 said:
I think i could build one for under $7,000 thats including buying the cyclone to get parts from.
Wow! Keep us posted, that thing is sick!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Racing Rice, check out clubchopper .com. That site is dedicated to custom builds and kits. It is a good resource for finding out what works and what doesn't. Also, I would look at a Big Bear Venom kit. bigbearchoppers .com I have read in several magazines that they are well made. Sorry about the space between the name of the site and .com . Cycleforums won't let you post urls until you have 15 or more posts.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
exile also sells kits. Check out the magazine The Horse Backstreeet Choppers. Lots of listings for kits, parts and the mag is about low buck choppers that real people build

·
Registered
129 Posts
www.suckerpunchsally.com

i think they build some killer chops or they also have some nice rolling chasis or the working man's special is a good deal also

www.flyritechoppers.com

they also make some nice looking chops at affordable prices

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Not a chopper but check out this kit.

http://www.championroswell.com/vintage/panhead/

and here is a 41.

http://www.championroswell.com/vintage/knucklehead/

:clap :clap

* Our Replica is supplied with all the necessary parts except gas, oil and battery electrolyte!
* Unit can be assembled with normal hand tools.
* All components used throughout the assembly have been selected for each particular year of application.
* Engine is completely assembled pre-run and tested for oil pressure.
* Transmission, completely assembled.
* Wheels, Laced & Trued with Bearings Pre-Set.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That Pan kit is great. The ******* stuff is cool too. A couple friends and I are supposed to be building one hopefully soon.

I love the Shovelhead they have posted now. Unfortunately I can't post the pic yet.

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
We at TT can get about 20 diff designs form a few diff manufacturers....... some VERY nice.

If you are interested, let me know, I'll be happy to send you some info..........

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jjam2 said:
www.suckerpunchsally.com

i think they build some killer chops or they also have some nice rolling chasis or the working man's special is a good deal also
Thanks for the link, they aren't located to far from my house. I may have to drop by the shop some day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts