Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Well, do they?

• Yes - Celery has a very strong flavor

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Yes - Not much flavor, just a little.

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No - No flavor at all. It's just crunchy.

Votes: 6 17.6%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Friend of sinners
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm testing a theory. Help me out---Do celery stalks have flavor?

·
I went to bed at 8 and got home at 11
17,309 Posts
It does have a little flavor, but it takes too much work to eat it. Too much chewing. Not really worth it.

And celery down the garbage disposal is a big :nono The "strings" are bad for it.

I, personally, don't think I've bought celery in a year. I will occassionally put it in my homemade potatoe salad, just for the crunchy effect.

·
Crazy like a fox...
5,755 Posts
canibeyou said:
It does have a little flavor, but it takes too much work to eat it. Too much chewing. Not really worth it.

That's why they're considered "negative calories" - they burn more calories to chew than you actually ingest from eating them.

·
The Bible Thumper
1,797 Posts
That's the only vegetable I eat....It must be covered with enough peanut butter to drown the taste though...

:)

In Him,
Matt

·
Registered
775 Posts
They have more flavor as it gets closer to the center (heart) stalks. But yes, theres a slight flavor.

·
Moderator,
8,057 Posts
Celery is one of the few tastes I hate - along with horseradish , caraway and anise/licorice . I've tried to convince myself that it really isn't as bad as I think it is , but it doesn't work and I still hate it . I once lost a bet with my brother that I couldn't drink an entire can of Dr Brown's celery soda - fawk , I would've had an easier time drinking 12oz of Glidden later interior white :shake

·
MotoGP World Champion
21,790 Posts
joel647 said:
I once lost a bet with my brother that I couldn't drink an entire can of Dr Brown's celery soda - fawk , I would've had an easier time drinking 12oz of Glidden later interior white :shake
DUDE, I love celery soda.........I wish i could find it at more places...........usually it's only the health food stores

·
Friend of sinners
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very interesting... very interesting....

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
It definitely has flavor, or else McCormick wouldn't make celery salt!:laughing

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I'm with Joel on this one. The only time Celery is good is when it's used as a "spice" in foods and WELLLLL cooked.

And what I hate even WORSE is celerey seeds. I love cole-slaw until you put that crap in it. :shake

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
Homeslice said:
DUDE, I love celery soda.........I wish i could find it at more places...........usually it's only the health food stores
They sell that in the ethnic part of the grocery stores by the matzo (the Hebrew food) I have to be in a certain mood for the celery soda. But I do like it.

I LOVE celery and yes it has a flavor. :D

One more thing.. this dude reminds me of a celery stalk -- its so funny cause its the first thing I think of when I see him. :lmao dont ask me why! (the guy on the right..from Scrubs)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts