Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator,
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 400 CD's that I'd like to get rid of before I leave in 2 weeks... They are almost all in great condition with no scratches and they range from all types of music... Do most music stores buy CD's Back? I'm just wondering since I've never done this before... I really don't want to trade, I just want some cash back...

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I would put them on Ebay...you will probably get more for them. Some music stores do buy back used CD's but you never get what you should for them

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'd bet you won't get more than 1-2 bucks from a store for each... You should try selling them to co-workers, etc. Then ebay or take the rest to a store if you run out of time.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
yeah they wont pay you mcuh for them. Your better off selling them to friends or on ebay or whatever.Or you can stand on a really tall building and start tossing cds :redflip

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
1. Most "chain" stores don't buy used...you have to find a mom-and-pop.
2. You will not get much (as noted, maybe $1-$2/CD) for them.

Great suggestion to go eBay. Offer the collection for sale as a whole, at maybe $3-$4/CD...come up with some excuse about how you don't have time to find a local store to buy 'em. See if you can sucker someone into paying double what you'd probably get for them. Or you could donate them to charity and try to get a tax write-off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts