Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Do you litter?

• Yep, I toss my candy wrappers on the ground.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Yes, but only if I don't see a trash barrel in sight.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • No, but it doesn't bother me when others do.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No, and I hate it when others do.

Votes: 41 71.9%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
I don't and it bothers me when other people do it. You wouldn't throw garbage around in your own house so why outside :confused

The worst two groups of litterers are smokers and coffee drinkers. Smokers think that just because they're smoking they can toss their butts anywhere. It's disgusting and half the time I feel like picking it back up and throwing it back at them or in their car. And coffee drinkers....just as bad. :rolleyes

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
Never, and I regularly pick up the trash other people throw on my street. My family and I don rubber gloves and pick up the mcdonalds bags and beercans and take them to the dump. About 4 times a year.

So far it hasn't caught on, but all the neighbors are glad we do it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think we (two wheelers) are a lot more conscious of it than your typical cager, supersizing it behind the wheel. It makes a hell of a lot more difference to us what they throw out their window, but no cager could ever understand it. Maybe thats why you don't see too many overweight lard ass types on sportbikes? Notice I said "SPORTBIKES".

Hey maybe this could spurr a new diet craze????

:D

·
Registered
16,959 Posts
The only "trash" I'll not worry about disposing properly is stuff that's biodegradable. Other stuff....how lazy must you be to not take it to a garbage can. :down

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I don't litter and can't stand seeing the lazy slobs who do. I had a neighbor once who couldn't understand that I didn't want her nasty cigarette butts thrown in my yard. She'd light up a cigarette, smoke it before getting in her car and then throw the butt in my yard. One week I collected all of them and put them on her doorstep, that practice ceased after that. It seems most do not mind littering as long as it's not on their property, typical of the "me" society. :shake

·
Mile high club instructor
3,324 Posts
Baby Gorilla said:
The only "trash" I'll not worry about disposing properly is stuff that's biodegradable. Other stuff....how lazy must you be to not take it to a garbage can. :down
+1 I have tossed a few gum and paper straw wrappers on the ground, but NO to trash.

Well there was this one time flying over central Ohio I had a passenger get air sick, he filled his barf bag and noticed a small leak. I popped the window on his side and had him get rid of it.

·
I went to bed at 8 and got home at 11
17,309 Posts
I don't litter. :nono Then again, I also don't throw my trash on movie theatre floors when I'm done with it.
It's called a "trash can" and someone took their time to invent it so the world would be a little cleaner! USE IT!!!

And to go along with the "cigarette" people...... those that let their dog crap on other people's property are pathetic too! My husband says, one more time of the neighbor letting their dog crap on our lawn, he's gonna go up there with explosive diarreha:toilet, crap all over their stuff and we'll see how long this game gets played.

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
KawboyZX7R said:

Well there was this one time flying over central Ohio I had a passenger get air sick, he filled his barf bag and noticed a small leak. I popped the window on his side and had him get rid of it.

Bahahaha :crackup :crackup

·
I went to bed at 8 and got home at 11
17,309 Posts
KawboyZX7R said:
:crackup I have been to parts of Ohio that look like one big trash can!

·
USMC 0341 '89-'93
3,176 Posts
I don't and I hate it when others do it. One of my biggest pet peeves is during traffic stops, when the people in the vehicle I have stopped flick a butt out their window. You'd think some people would have more common sense.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, I really love driving or walking along one big landfill. :whatever It's disgusting and rude as hell. I've thrown things out of my car like an apple core or the last half of an ice cream cone (messy), and I chuck it as far from the road as possible so animals don't get hurt trying to eat it. Something I really notice when I'm in another country or even another part of the states is the level of cleanliness.

Bwahahah I'd love to have seen where that barf bag landed. er.... Or maybe not.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
there is one place where i do it all the time. our office is right next door to the jail, and we have trustees that have to keep the whole complex clean. they're not there for being upstanding citizens, so i dont feel bad about throwing trash on the ground :shrug
the way i see it, at least they're doing something besides just sitting there watching tv.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
It drives me nuts. Most people think of Toronto as a clean city. Well our campus is covered in loose newspapers, coffee cups, cigarette butts, Pizza slice plates......... I keep wondering if THESE are the people I'm supposed to be handing tomorrow over to...? :rant

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
canibeyou said:
And to go along with the "cigarette" people...... those that let their dog crap on other people's property are pathetic too! My husband says, one more time of the neighbor letting their dog crap on our lawn, he's gonna go up there with explosive diarreha:toilet, crap all over their stuff and we'll see how long this game gets played.
A freshly laid dog turd stuffed up under their car door handle should get the point across. :D

·
Crazy like a fox...
5,755 Posts
I hate the fact that people feel that if a place is already dirty, then there's no reason why they shouldn't just continue to dirty the place, whereas if a place is clean they wouldn't even think of it. The world isn't going to get any cleaner if you keep throwing your trash where you think it's ok. Find a garbage can.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.