Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderator,
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some kids yesterday come by selling all kinds of miscellaneous stuff and for the last couple visits now, I haven't bought anything. Sometimes after they leave, I feel a little bad not supporting them but I didn't want anything. :shrug I do buy girl scout cookies, I love them, that's the rare exception :D

I dunno, I remember the old days when I was in their shoes and how I had to sell candles and cheese balls and cookies and how I could win fabulous prizes and stuff? Does anyone else feel guilty not buying something from those cute little brats? Of course, once I have kids, I'm sure that will change. ;)

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
Nope... I don't, but that's usually 'cuz they're selling stuff I don't need :shrug

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from the door to door. I work in a school, so i buy crap every week. The door to door thing bothers me. Plus, I'm not paying $8 for a roll of wrapping paper.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
No, no, oh and NO!

I HATE, LOATHE, and DETEST when I get hit up at work for that shit too....ugh.

·
37,282 Posts
TwoWheeldTerror said:
+1 :mad

·
Thanks for having us all these years, Rez. Best o
20,204 Posts
TwoWheeldTerror said:
No, no, oh and NO!

+1

Everybody today wants a fucking handout. I'd rather stop in at a fund-raising car wash or something like that and give 'em money. Teaching them to ask for everything is wrong, IMO. Better to teach them the value and satisfaction in earning something.

·
37,282 Posts
Maybe if they came by selling Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders... hmmmm.... :D:D:D

·
"You're not worthy."
2,545 Posts
A few months ago some dumpy little fat kid came into our store selling something for some school fund raiser, and I told him "no soliciting". The other employees (some of whom work for me) were all appalled that I would take that stance with a twelve year old, but I don't like kids (why I already have a vasectomy) and I don't think they should be able to get away with things that adults can't away with just because of thier age.

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,142 Posts
:shrug

buy a 3$ box of cookies... make a child smile....

sounds like a fair deal to me....

·
37,282 Posts
Oh, I'll buy girlscout cookies. :D

Just not the electric towel holder and crap like that..

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If it is one of the neighbor kids I do. We live on a culdesac. There are about 20 kids on it. We are all pretty close.

·
Moderator,
14,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sargent said:
THIN MINTS ROCK!
Yeah, thats me too! :D I love those things.

Its funny though, its always around the Holiday Times that I feel like this. I do offer some charitable things that I do donate to during the year, but enough is enough already. I turn the TV on, give to this, I read the paper, give to that. I open the door, buy this and buy that! It's the same way at the restaurant, everyone wants this and that for this one and that one, blah, blah, blah.. Enough already! :rant

I Guess I'm in a Grinch-like Mood Today... :evilgrin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts