Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have several friends with 03 and 02, all of which either went with the corbin or the sergeant seat.

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
i bought my 02' w/ a Corbin, its great on long trips, but the minute you want to get aggressive and slide your butt of the seat and lean over, you will have a rockhard Corbin edge up your crack, and no matter what tommy prefers, its not a good feeling, so i had to look around for a stock seat. turns out the one i bought, is from the original owner of this bike, 3 owners ago, all the way from maryland. Why, you need a stock seat too?

·
Cycle Angels Stewardess,
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just need a seat for a 2002-2003 R1 I bought a race tail and I am making it fit on my 1988 FZR1000.
Do you still have the corbin one? Is it really gay looking?

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
not gay looking at all, just a bit firmer, and more "saddelier" more concave than convex, but you might find that an 02' seat wont boltup to an earlier generaion yammi.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah the corbin is like sitting in a dish.. !I had one on my F4i for a while and sold it cause like kevin said the edges really bothered me.

·
Cycle Angels Stewardess,
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
opinion914 said:
not gay looking at all, just a bit firmer, and more "saddelier" more concave than convex, but you might find that an 02' seat wont boltup to an earlier generaion yammi.
lol really? :)
I have to create a new subframe for the R1 tail so my new aluminum subframe will accept the seat I make it accept.

So are you selling that seat?

·
Cycle Angels Stewardess,
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not care how it feels. I would use a piece of wood painted black if it looked ok.
I never ride more then 500miles at a time.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
cruzan said:
Really? Those who went with the corbin seat, what did they do with their stock seat? :)
I'm sure they still have them. Want me to ask if they'll sell?

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
yeah its forsale, but if you plan on really hanging off the bike, youll want a stock seat w/ rounded edges, plus there about 1/3 the price of Corbins im looking for 125$, where as w/ a stocker, 50$ could get you one.

Kevin

·
Cycle Angels Stewardess,
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
opinion914 said:
yeah its forsale, but if you plan on really hanging off the bike, youll want a stock seat w/ rounded edges, plus there about 1/3 the price of Corbins im looking for 125$, where as w/ a stocker, 50$ could get you one.

Kevin
OK I do not have that much. :(
That is more then the tail section.

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
sure, let me see if i have some digitals of it, then ill post a new bike thread. give me a few. w/ the d207rr's and street plastic im going to be going into beginners until i get accostomed to it. sorry to hijack Chrissy.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
K - emailed them

·
Cycle Angels Stewardess,
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
opinion914 said:
sure, let me see if i have some digitals of it, then ill post a new bike thread. give me a few. w/ the d207rr's and street plastic im going to be going into beginners until i get accostomed to it. sorry to hijack Chrissy.
lol it is fine. I just want a seat :)

·
Cycle Angels Stewardess,
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
opinion914 said:
no kiddin, i saw them for 200 new. costs less to get two vertibrai fused, w/ tommys help.
Then I need to find a stock seat I can trade for sexual favours.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts