Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I miss my daggone stars
12,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know several of you have dual sports, and or motards

LOVE to have a motard, but not wanting to spend that kind of money.

Looking for $2k-$3k type bike to ride everywhere roads, or partial roads exist. No dirt trails, or offroading. Got a JEEP for that :banana but something to ride rain/shine with enough nuts to pull me up a decent incline.

Looking primarily at the Suzuki and Kawi 650's. and was wanting opinion's on either/both.

Looked on the adventure board, but those guys are mostly about touring and or offroad.

This is a commuter bike at best, to ride to work, as well as some job sites (read, mudholes) on days that I don't take the company truck and want to be on 2 wheels.

I appreciate any/all feedback

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
With what you've said, I'd definately go with the KLR, it's a MUCH better bike for commuting and road work. The DR might have a slight edge offroad, but it's not nearly the road bike that the KLR is. This is just my opinion from having ridden both so take it for what it's worth.

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
Whadda ya have against the Honda 650???

Anyways, I read an article on the DRZ-400 against the DRZ-650 and the guy had originally owned a 400 and loved it but wanted a tit bit more power so he got a 650 and was going to review it but hated the 650 so much he sold it immediately and went back to the 400. Though I think it was more because he was a trail/off-road rider and didn't like how the 650 handled there.

But at least in your case, the 650 is a good choice cause you want it more for on-road. I'd still say the KLR is best for you (if not the Honda which is a blast)

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
The KLR's the best bike if its gonna do more road work. That big tank is nice and its got a bit of a fairing which will help.
By the way from what I saw a couple of Saturdays ago the KLR can be quite capable offroad as well.;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
KLR

look at the way stokes rides his KLR at 421...if it can handle that it can handle anything....plus I had one, there hard to beat for an all around bike...:thumb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts