Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you use Dreamweaver can you tell me what kind of changes were made between the version I use....4.0, and the Dreamweaver MX.
I have thought of changing and just want to know if anyone has any pros or cons they can inform me of before I do this.

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
136 Posts
MX is MUCH more like Visual Interdev, but more user friendly.

It handles ASP much better than 4.0

It is worth the upgrade, IMHO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Enhance your productivity with a flexible workspace that combines the visual layout tools of Dreamweaver with the code-editing tools of Macromedia HomeSite. The new MX environment includes tabbed Document windows, dockable panel groups, customizable toolbars, and integrated file browsing.

Develop Internet applications right in Dreamweaver MX with all the functionality of Macromedia Dreamweaver UltraDev, plus code libraries, additional server behaviors, and new PHP and ASP.NET support.

Develop applications using leading technologies with Dreamweaver MX-the only tool you need to develop HTML, XHTML, XML, ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, PHP, and Macromedia ColdFusion websites

Tap into a developer community over 2.4 million strong that's rich in extensive community resources, including active user forums, certification programs, and much more. Plus, download 700 free extensions from the Macromedia Exchange for Dreamweaver MX.

Accelerate next-generation development with support for XML, including creating, editing, and validating XML code, and importing XML schemas. Easily introspect XML web services.

Write and edit code faster with high-powered coding features like the Tag Chooser, tag editors, Code Hints, extensible color-coding, snippets, and code validation.

Build standards-compliant sites and deploy them securely. Ensure standards compliance with default creation of XHTML output, easy conversion from standard HTML to XHTML, and increased support for CSS2.

Create more-powerful Dream Templates that allow you to easily manage complex site updates and maintain design consistency, with new options like nested templates, optional regions, and improved updating control.

Comply with U.S. law and international standards using the best support for web accessibility in the industry, including the accessibility compliance checker, in-product reference content, and an active authoring mode for accessibility.

Jumpstart design and production with a rich new library of starting points. Access professional-quality, pre-built layouts and code, and use the Site Setup wizard to instantly configure site information for dynamic, staged, or ISP-hosted sites.
that's from the macromedia site. i've been using my upgraded MX for a couple weeks now. it seems ok, adds more language support, etc etc. whether or not it's worth it for you, depends on what you do with it. personally, i just use homesite.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, great, thanks for the info.
I am thinking with what I use it for and the fact that it took me some time to learn enough of Dreamweaver 4 with the book I have, trying to tackle MX might not be in my best interest at this time. Personal time is limited and I want to just have something very familiar. The book I have has been a great tool also, bailed me out of a few things I wasn't sure how to accomplish on my site.

Thanks again, I appreciate the time.

Anthony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts