Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i ask what is the difference between a normal duc, and the darks?

is it just that they are black? or is there more to it?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The darks are the "economy" versions. I'm not exactly sure of the differences but I know that they are more than just color.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
x08 said:
can i ask what is the difference between a normal duc, and the darks?

is it just that they are black? or is there more to it?
Basically, take away the steering damper, paint it a flat black, and drop $1500 (i think) off the price & you have the Dark.

- Matt

PS - No such thing as a stupid question here in this community. Remember that.. we're all here to help each other. :thumb

·
Registered
326 Posts
For the SS bikes, i think the suspension is downgraded, and the 750SS only has 1 front brake rotor.

Not sure about the Monsters or new 749.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Depends on the year and model but generally they were made to be the budget spec. Forks are sometimes changed to non-adjustable (monster), rear suspension can be lower spec, no damper, one rotor..all depends on year and model.

A subculture exists who really like the colour (I won't venture a guess at what they call themselves :laughing ) and are forced to upgrade all of these things with inferior aftermarket components :nanana My wife is one of them...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.