Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dunno how old this is but...duh!

This picture is real - not doctored in anyway - and was taken by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building materials for 84 Lumber. When he saw it in the parking lot of IHOP, he went and bought a camera to take pictures.

The car is still running, as can be witnessed by the exhaust. A woman is either asleep or otherwise out in the front seat passenger side. The guy driving it was jogging up and down on Rt. 925. (in the background)

Witnesses said their physical state was OTHER than normal. The driver finally came back after the police were called, and was found crouched behind the rear of the car, attempting back to cut the twine around the load! Luckily, the police stopped him and had the load removed.

The materials were loaded at Home Depot. Their store manager said they had the customer sign a waiver. While the plywood and 2X4s are fairly obvious, what you can’t see is the back seat, which contains -- are you ready for this? -- 10 bags of concrete @ 80 lbs. each. They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs.

Both back tires exploded, the wheels bent and the back shocks were driven through the floorboard. The car, with FL plates (naturally), was headed for Annapolis, where the couple presumably planned to build a new house in which to smoke their crack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
OMG the infamous wood on whatever thread... there is on the VW vortex site that is the biggest thread I've ever seen! :eek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,152 Posts
Wow... At least there's a story to go with it now... lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
Funny :shit. I wonder what it looked like before it slid back off the roof....and how far they actually got....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
dear god:laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,568 Posts
Looks like my VW back in my skateboarding days. We had taken(?) about that much lumber from a construction site to build a 1/2 pipe in the backyard. Of course, no one was taking pictures of our shopping(?) excursion at 4 am.:laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,869 Posts
:eek :eek :eek OMG!!!!! Duh!!!!:nutz :eek :eek
 

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
Joined
·
19,663 Posts
i call PS.

they would have to dent the roof with a sledgehammer to have the lumber sit on the roof like that. They would not be able to pile that wood on the roof, enough to make the roof collapse perfectly without wrinkling the rest of the body.
 

·
Mama's Little Joey
Joined
·
14,767 Posts
I love that pic. There's a guy sleeping in the passenger seat and he seems fine with the load on the VW. Dumbasses:clap :clap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,779 Posts
karl_1052 said:
i call PS.

they would have to dent the roof with a sledgehammer to have the lumber sit on the roof like that. They would not be able to pile that wood on the roof, enough to make the roof collapse perfectly without wrinkling the rest of the body.
i'm inclined to agree with that. Plus, glass doesn't fold... i'd expect the back windows to be blown out if somebody actually crushed the rear of the car in that manner.

...dave
:redcreep
 

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
Joined
·
14,140 Posts
you stole baby g's old avatar :shake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,623 Posts
karl_1052 said:
i call PS.

they would have to dent the roof with a sledgehammer to have the lumber sit on the roof like that. They would not be able to pile that wood on the roof, enough to make the roof collapse perfectly without wrinkling the rest of the body.
In that case . . . you'd be wrong. There are a bunch more photos floating around the net somewhere that show all different angles of the same car. Not PS :shake
 

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
Joined
·
19,663 Posts
Krabill said:
In that case . . . you'd be wrong. There are a bunch more photos floating around the net somewhere that show all different angles of the same car. Not PS :shake

then that wood must be magical Frodo wood, cause it would magically go right through the rear doors glass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
karl_1052 said:
then that wood must be magical Frodo wood, cause it would magically go right through the rear doors glass.

1. Given the angle of the photo, it's likely that it only APPEARS that the lumber caved the roof. I think the roof is fine.

2. I think it's pretty safe to assume that the lumber was stacked directly on top of the car and ended up sliding back in transit.

3. The photos are missing, but snopes says it's true.
 

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
Joined
·
19,663 Posts
xneox said:
3. The photos are missing, but snopes says it's true.
in those photos, it shows the load had shifted, in the original pic there was not enough detail and it looked like it was on straight.
I thought it was on straight, and that is why I called PS.

now that I see it is skewed it makes more sense.

and it did crush the roof.:eek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
karl_1052 said:
in those photos, it shows the load had shifted, in the original pic there was not enough detail and it looked like it was on straight.
I thought it was on straight, and that is why I called PS.

now that I see it is skewed it makes more sense.

and it did crush the roof.:eek

Well nyaaaaaa nyaaaaa to you too!!!


:redflip


ETA:

Ok, that was wierd. When I first viewed your post the pic was a big green 'smilie' that was sticking its tongue out at me. After replying I see the intended pic.


WTF
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top