Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of my friends recently tried drinking cough syrup for its narcotic effects (the ones with only dextromethorphan), and have described it as a pretty interesting experience, and suggested I try it with them. It sounds pretty lame, but one of the guys is a pretty good friend of mine, and he thinks I might enjoy it. Anyone here done this? Thoughts on it? I found some articles on it, and I must admit it sounds somewhat appealing.

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked that up too, and the medically documented lethal dosage is far higher than what is reccomended for recreational use. 2000-20,00mg is the dosage found to be lethal for a 160lb human.
Clay said:
Hmmm, I've also heard of lots of people's hearts stop beating after they try this "trip". :shrug

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
wtf

Reactions: CrazyJ902

·
Bigger IS Better
2,329 Posts
Akilldema said:
I found some articles on it, and I must admit it sounds somewhat appealing.
Not to sound judgemental but....

What the hell could possibly sound "appealing" about drinking cough syrup to get "high"?

It kind of sounds like something a street burn out would do....steal a bottle of cough syrup from the local CVS before staggering back to the local alley to get high.

I mean, really, what the fuck is appealing about this?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I have done it and it wasn't that great . It made me itch like a mother fucker . Make sure you stay away from any cough syrup with acetaminophen or any ingredient other than DXM .

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: DXM/Robotrip/Drinking Robitussin

Well I expected replies like this, and here is my answer to your question: I have done some hallucinogenic drugs, and I enjoyed some of them. I like having conversations about things that are seemingly meaningful while on them. I like thinking about things, and just exploring my mind so to speak. It can be done sober, I just prefer this method from time to time. The friend of mine who does this feels the same way. The "high" from DXM is apparently similar. Its not like getting drunk or smoking marijuana or anything like that. More like a mild hallucinogenic.
KSGregman said:
Not to sound judgemental but....

What the hell could possibly sound "appealing" about drinking cough syrup to get "high"?

It kind of sounds like something a street burn out would do....steal a bottle of cough syrup from the local CVS before staggering back to the local alley to get high.

I mean, really, what the fuck is appealing about this?

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
i got some paint you can sniff........:shrug

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My initial impression but after reading a little about I feel differently.
stanger92 said:
as for the topic here, sounds stupid to me. something a 6th grader would try to get fucked up :rolleyes

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
RACER X said:
i got some paint you can sniff........:shrug
Absolutely nothing like sniffing paint man :shrug Never huffed paint my self but I know a few who have and they said it was nothing like it . I would definitely say DXM is like a mild dose of acid or shrooms

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
i do like shrooms :D:D:D:D

btw, Akilldema i wasn't trying to attack you personally or anything, just sounded kinda retarded to me but hey I'd probably try it if I thought it really was a cool high or something. hmmmm

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
how about some glue........the good stuff.......elmers........

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
how about just leaving this thread alone if you don't have anything worthwhile to say? you made it clear in your first post that you thought it was stupid so no need to keep mouthing about it :rolleyes

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Ed is 100% against chemically altering the mind....unless u do it with alcohol.

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Which is sooo much better. :rolleyes Im not going to judge someone for what they put into their body in a reasonable manner.
PsychoMedic said:
Ed is 100% against chemically altering the mind....unless u do it with alcohol.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Akilldema said:
Which is sooo much better. :rolleyes Im not going to judge someone for what they put into their body in a reasonable manner.
+1 :clap

btw, i drink every chance I get and don't do any kind of drugs since high school (w/ the exception of smoking out a couple of times :D) and of course the shrooms and pills. but the point is that i think alcohol is way worse than smoking a little weed every now and then or drinking some cough medicine :redflip

1 - 20 of 33 Posts