Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Some kids I hung out with in high school (mid 90's) used to drink knock off robotussin for this effect. They seemed to like it, but there a lot of other nasty chemicals in it other than the ones that get you high. I'm actually surprised people are still doing this.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I did this when I was in about 9th grade. I actually forgot about it until I read this thread - really not worth your while.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/

That should answer any and all of your questions.

If you do decide to try it. Make sure that the only active ingrediant is dextromethorphan and possibly guafinasia (sp). Many 'cold and cough' syrups contain acedominiphin (tylonol) that can do nasty things to you when you take alot.

DXM can for some be very habbit forming when used continuously over long periods of time. I'm talking about every week or more frequently over many weeks. You can find horror stories out there, just like any other mind-altering substance, but they seem VERY rare.

As stolichnaya bilbords remind you, "Dose is important" as the William White article suggests there are several diffrent "platus" ranging from "felling kinda out of it" to "I got lost in the couch for six hours". N2O has a mulipicitive effect when under the influance of DXM. I imagine THC would do the same.

DXM is a dissasociative (same family as N20, Ketimine, and PCP), rather than a psycodelic, opioid, dpressiant, or stimulat, although the chemical DXM gets motabolized into resmbles an opioid.

Last comment : this, like many drugs, is a time cosuming thing to do. You'll have a hangover for about a day afterwords, that will leave you feeling very out of it. I suggest gingerale, but don't plan on eating anything it'll all taste like cough syrup.

Edit : I forgot about this, but some people really like it and some really, really don't. :small and work up from there. There are dosage guidlines in the William White article.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
RACER X said:
how about some glue........the good stuff.......elmers........

Ed, you are making some very uninformed statements. I suggest that you read up on this before making broad paralles to other chemicals.

If you've ever had your dentist administer N20, you've experianced something very similar to a mild DXM dose.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Clay said:
Hmmm, I've also heard of lots of people's hearts stop beating after they try this "trip". :shrug
I did something really stupid one time, and can confim that the leathal dose is not within your capacity to consum the drug, even in the raw, powdered form. You might be able to inject yourself with enough, but I don't think anyone would want to.

Hey Reyndogg : "Drink Me" :redflip

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Saw it, but thanks. That website has plethora of info on it. Thats where I got the lethal dose info, but the kind my buddies used was CVS Brand (how ironic) Tussin Maximum Strength Cough, which is mentioned on that site.
Hawker said:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/

That should answer any and all of your questions.

If you do decide to try it. Make sure that the only active ingrediant is dextromethorphan and possibly guafinasia (sp). Many 'cold and cough' syrups contain acedominiphin (tylonol) that can do nasty things to you when you take alot.

DXM can for some be very habbit forming when used continuously over long periods of time. I'm talking about every week or more frequently over many weeks. You can find horror stories out there, just like any other mind-altering substance, but they seem VERY rare.

As stolichnaya bilbords remind you, "Dose is important" as the William White article suggests there are several diffrent "platus" ranging from "felling kinda out of it" to "I got lost in the couch for six hours". N2O has a mulipicitive effect when under the influance of DXM. I imagine THC would do the same.

DXM is a dissasociative (same family as N20, Ketimine, and PCP), rather than a psycodelic, opioid, dpressiant, or stimulat, although the chemical DXM gets motabolized into resmbles an opioid.

Last comment : this, like many drugs, is a time cosuming thing to do. You'll have a hangover for about a day afterwords, that will leave you feeling very out of it. I suggest gingerale, but don't plan on eating anything it'll all taste like cough syrup.

Edit : I forgot about this, but some people really like it and some really, really don't. :small and work up from there. There are dosage guidlines in the William White article.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hawker said:
I did something really stupid one time, and can confim that the leathal dose is not within your capacity to consum the drug, even in the raw, powdered form. You might be able to inject yourself with enough, but I don't think anyone would want to.

Well it is pretty much impossible to consume the power raw as it is the most foul tasting thing on the planet, or so I've heard. But, it would be quite easy to pop enough gel-caps to OD.

It isn't anything like acid, shrooms or E. I wouldn't consider it a social drug, after a mid-second plateau dose you wont be able to interact with the outside world. You can't walk right and you have double vision. Third plateau and up and you will spend the peak of the trip in your own mind and pretty much oblivious to the real world. The visuals are not as fun as acid/shrooms there aren't really tracers and it isn't as colorful. Mindset is very important on higher doses, IMHO it is easier to have a bad trip on DXM than acid or shrooms.

Take 1 benadryl at the same time you dose or you will get all itchy.

DO NOT take Coricidian <sp> the little red pills. They have a antihistamine that WILL fuck you up.

DO NOT take any medicine with pseudoephedrine , you will feel like your heart is going to explode.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
SyzygyOfMyMind said:
Negative Ghostrider.

schweeeeeeet....I know that acid does not either...they would have to do a spinal tap (from what I can find out) and that is a bigger negative....I have had three done in the past year....not a pleasant experience I tell ya....

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Akilldema said:
A couple of my friends recently tried drinking cough syrup for its narcotic effects (the ones with only dextromethorphan), and have described it as a pretty interesting experience, and suggested I try it with them. It sounds pretty lame, but one of the guys is a pretty good friend of mine, and he thinks I might enjoy it. Anyone here done this? Thoughts on it? I found some articles on it, and I must admit it sounds somewhat appealing.
Split an 8 oz bottle of Robi DM with a friend wayyyyy back in HS. It was an interesting buzz, but something I'd only do once.

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
"nyQuil we love you ..you gianc fucking Q" :laughing Dennis Leary's no cure for canceer is the best. Over the counter cough Syrup is just nasty ..get a really good batch of bronchitis going and get the good shit with the codeine in it :redflip

·
Registered
2 Posts
A couple of my friends recently tried drinking cough syrup for its narcotic effects (the ones with only dextromethorphan), and have described it as a pretty interesting experience, and suggested I try it with them. It sounds pretty lame, but one of the guys is a pretty good friend of mine, and he thinks I might enjoy it. Anyone here done this? Thoughts on it? I found some articles on it, and I must admit it sounds somewhat appealing.
Dude, with all due respect, wtf does Robotripping have to do with motorcycles?? Nothing, hopefully!!
I love the good ol' dex man!! I robo a lot actually, but if you're planning on robo-ing on a motorbike man, I hope you seriously reconsider this hairbrained idea.

You're either going to:

1.Die
2.Kill somebody else or
3.End up in jail with no license..

Does that sound like a good time to you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to sound judgemental but....

What the hell could possibly sound "appealing" about drinking cough syrup to get "high"?

It kind of sounds like something a street burn out would do....steal a bottle of cough syrup from the local CVS before staggering back to the local alley to get high.

I mean, really, what the fuck is appealing about this?
You do not understand its interesting effects!! Plenty of people with good access to other drugs will indeed try it out of curiosity, once you try it and end up liking it, it's actually quite a colorful trip! it's like PCP or K.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts