Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 zx 9r that I was installing a jet kit and I drilled the hole in the plastic part of the diafram bigger than it supposed to be. This hole is an auxilary slide lift hole. I was wondering what this hole is for????
What I was going to try to do was fill in the hole with jb weld (because that what the instructions say to do if your going to go back with the factory jets) and then drill the aux hole on the right hand side of the factory hole. But wasn't sure if this would work because in the instructions it shows in a picture that you are supposed to drill the aux hole on the left hand side of the oringinal hole.

If anyone can offer me some advice on what this holes purpose is so I could come to some kind of conclusion. I would appreciate it.

PS
it also notes in the kit instructions: that by drilling this aux hole you wil get the optimum performance out of the kit (if that helps anyone figure out what it is for)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Holy crap... 79.00 from RonAyers.. And I assure you that's cheap.
Check the junk yards like http://www.jackscyclesalvage.com/

JB weld thing will work but I hate doing crap like that... One day it will break and come loose...

The hole is to allow air to escape from inside that diaphram and let the slide move up. Bigger the hole the faster the slide can go up...

How much too big?
Could always just try it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that stupid thing ain't cheap
your a little late though JB is drying now, I'm going to put the whole on the other side, I don't think it will matter much where the whole is at long as theres the right size for the air to pass through, Thanks for the info
I drill out there in kennesaw maybe we can get up and ride some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts