Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed a jet kit and I'm having throttle problems. Everyone is closed on sunday, maybe someone here can help me.

I installed the Dyno jet kit on a 02 ZX9R. When crusing in 1st gear at about 3.5 RPMS the bike surges and looses all power. At idle it runs smoothly. When throtle is given in N it will go to about 5.5 Rpms then it drops back down to about 2 RPms if I try to go over that.

· Registered
190 Posts
What your describing could be any of a number of things, but my immediate guess would be that you failed to connect the ram air / float bowl connection at the carbs or airbox. This will result in 'exactly' what you describe. If that's OK then we'll cover some of the other possibilities.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked it out, I don't see anything unhooked, but I do have a quick question
Will not having the front fairing hooked up, which has the front half of the air intake and the resonators, make it do what it's doing?

· Registered
1,369 Posts
P-Dog 187 said:
I checked it out, I don't see anything unhooked, but I do have a quick question
Will not having the front fairing hooked up, which has the front half of the air intake and the resonators, make it do what it's doing?
No........I've run my 6R with no upper or Ram air tubes and it will not cause what you are describing.....

· Standing on your Left.
408 Posts
Hard to tell. I vote for way rich in the midrange circuit, which means the clip on the needle is way too low. If everything else is rich too, you might get the symptoms you describe. The needle could also be misinstalled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.