Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 bro's slip on as my only mod.
103.7RWHP.

They said that was pretty good. Its got 81XX miles on it. Pump gas.

Opinions?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Honestly???.......it sounds like a very optimistic dyno.

·
Raving Lunatic
2,963 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with Powder. 104 seems a bit high, especially with just a slip-on. I really wouldn't expect to see much better than 99-100hp at the wheel. ;)

Either way, a dyno is only good for judging relative progress made with various mods as no two dynos read the same and there are a bunch of other factors involved (elevation, temperature, barometric pressure, etc).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Sounds like a pretty generous dyno...........my race bike with full hindle, dyno tuned, +4 ingnition advance, BMC filter, and air injection mod only made 99 at the rear wheel.

But, that was on a hot day, on a different dyno. IT just proves once again that HP NUMBERS ARE ONLY COMPARABLE ON THE SAME DYNO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes you guys are probably right. The thing is a guy with a 99 dyno'd his with full exhaust, jet kit, and various other parts only put down 105. They said it was all a great day to dyno. Also my bike shoots flames sometimes when I get on and off the throttle abruptly? Could this mean it is rich? There is no jet kit and all it has is a pipe. You can only see the flames when it is dark outside.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
bambooi said:
Yes you guys are probably right. The thing is a guy with a 99 dyno'd his with full exhaust, jet kit, and various other parts only put down 105. They said it was all a great day to dyno. Also my bike shoots flames sometimes when I get on and off the throttle abruptly? Could this mean it is rich? There is no jet kit and all it has is a pipe. You can only see the flames when it is dark outside.
You might have an exhaust leak. I "damaged" the exhaust can on my old F3 and it would shoot flames when backing off the throttle. I got a new can and that stopped. Maybe your slip-on is not fully sealed???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My friend dyno'd yesterday. 98zx6r. All stock except KN airfilter. 94rwhp.He had +2 in the rear but that doesn't help power. His curves was right on mine except for up top where I kept going and his fell off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts