Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have been dealing on ebay for about 6 months now and everythig has always gone okay. Well recently I had two auctions end, this was about 8-9 days ago and the payment plan was set at 5 days. Well I recieved a mailing address to one guy and sent him the total and all my info and I got the other guys zip code from ebay and sent him the total as well. Sense then I have sent two reminders, including last night giving them a 24 hour warning. Now I have still recieved no payments nor e-mails telling me payment is on the way. Now I know M3 you have gone throught things liek this and I was curious how I can get out of having to pay the posting charges or re-posting it for free? These are two items I know will recieve high bids again and I want to repost if these people are going to flake but what do i have to do? Any help would be highly apprechiated

Peace Out

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
ebay will drop the charges if you resell it... just hit the relist and you'll pay only once.

·
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long do I have to relist it before that goes away, because I figure I'd give the buyers untill tomorrow mail, then I would do it if possible

Peace Out

·
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Z, you're a Doll

Peace Out

·
Registered
700 Posts
Had a similar problem. Sold something and the buyer promised me for two weeks the payment was coming then dropped off the net. Sent multiple e-mails with no answer. Then sent one giving a week to respond or I would take it up with their rating as a buyer with no response given in a week. So I trashed them. Figured almost a month with two weeks of no contact deserved at least that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had that happen a few times. I left neg feedback and relisted or request my fees back through a EBay process that takes about 2-3 weeks to complete. Have to jump through some hoops, but there are still dead beats out there.

As a side note I got ripped off couple months ago selling my PS2 system with 25 games and such. Would cost about $1500 to buy new and posted it out there for $750.00 and sold it for $800 with the buyer paying extra to get it sent overnight. Used PayPal so I think no big deal and the day it delivered the payment was reversed and I was stuck paying back the money, plus the shipping since it was shipped to a non confirmed address. I got burned hard, but it only happens once. I could not get anyone to do anything about it, such as PayPal, EBay, Postmaster, Police, yahoo etc. So you are taking a chance anytime, just make sure its worth it and you know the rules of EBay and PayPal. Even if it was a bad credit card they used to pay, they would have still gave me the money if I would have shipped to a confirmed address. BEWARE......... :ar15

·
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know on one of the forums someone posted something simmilar to yours Lynch, except his happened with a pocketbike, that's right it was in the pocketbike forum:shake
stupid me, but yea..I usually ship a day or two after when I recieve PayPal, normally untill it is in my account, these guys will get negative feedback and I will repost...anyone need a 5"tach with shift light or a quicksilver shifter :redflip

Peace Out

·
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay so I went to relist and they still want to charge me....so what do I do to get charges off last one or not pay for this one???

Peace Out

·
Registered
36 Posts
MAAH STUD said:
okay so I went to relist and they still want to charge me....so what do I do to get charges off last one or not pay for this one???

Peace Out
Ok, you have to go here to find the info to get your money back. Follow this process and in the end you will have it back. Sucks because it takes so long, but it works. :D

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/npb.html

·
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, now I give it the weekend and file last thingie and hopefully all works out

Peace Out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts