Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Uh oh, Bridgestone didn't even have a Superbike rider did they?

Could hurt him. He's been running Michellin's for how long?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly!! That would be bullshit.Edwards to motogp on a v5 but has to use bridgestone tires....(great street tires,but the racing tires are not devloped)

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
maybe it was a backoom deal where BS wanted to gt a top rider to develop their tires, and honda offered up edwards for some future backscratching.

maybe he should'a stuck to WSB.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Yeah they probably offered him up to Bridgestone because they didn't want him to upset their 2 golden boys. :mad:

I hope he absolutely, positively flogs Rossi and Hayden next year for all this crap they are doing.

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
Ian I hope he flogs them too, but it's not Rossi's or Hayden's fault that Honda makes the decisions they do...hell, If I was in Hayden's shoes, I'd surely take the GP ride, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think that MotoGP is going to go from the most boring series this year to the most exciting next year.

GO EDWARDS:redflip :redflip

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
StrickSVS said:
I think that MotoGP is going to go from the most boring series this year to the most exciting next year.

GO EDWARDS:redflip :redflip
i agree,i can't wait till next year...

oh btw....does anyone rember me saying that baros could run with rossi if he had a v5?

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
vizsladog44 said:

oh btw....does anyone rember me saying that baros could run with rossi if he had a v5?
Yes, and I agreed with you...he was super on that bike :thumb

I think hopper will be better on the 4 stroke, but not top 5.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Just hope Edwards doesnt earn the nickname "Xaus" for wrecking on those tires every race.... :D

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
since he was the top 2 stroker, and sometimes fighting for the lead with an "old" 500, I think he is a grest racer,a nd hayden willl enjoy looking at his backside next year.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Edwards hasn't ever been known as a crasher.Baylliss has and is a crasher belive it or not.

With all the influx of new talent and good bikes,i doubt hopper will do any better than he is now....what a waste of a good ride(mccoy also)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
karl_1052 said:
since he was the top 2 stroker, and sometimes fighting for the lead with an "old" 500, I think he is a grest racer,a nd hayden willl enjoy looking at his backside next year.

Hayden is gonna be in trouble...dunlops all his life to michlens on tracks he doesn't know.He has the talent but will be in way over his head.Barross is the fucking man on the brakes.I think edwards will run up front.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
ReyndoggRSV said:
Ian I hope he flogs them too, but it's not Rossi's or Hayden's fault that Honda makes the decisions they do...hell, If I was in Hayden's shoes, I'd surely take the GP ride, wouldn't you?
I'm not saying it is... I'm saying Honda obviously saw more of an upside to Hayden and Rossi is their poster child... So I hope they get flogged, not for anything they did, just to prove to the morons at Honda that they really make some bad decisions. :)

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Ian said:
Uh oh, Bridgestone didn't even have a Superbike rider did they?
No but they are running on the Proton team and Erv Kanemoto is running a team on them. Erv also spent all last year developing the tires with H. Aoki on an NSR500. So they are getting GP experience. Don't forget, this is the tire brand that stepped in to F1 racing when Goodyear bailed out, and is doing well enough.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Learn something new everyday. I'd like to see some other major players get involved... The Dunlop/Michelin thing is old.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Ian said:
Learn something new everyday. I'd like to see some other major players get involved... The Dunlop/Michelin thing is old.
Definatly agree. It's just like multiple makes of bikes in the races. Variety is cool. Oh, and Pirelli has been back in WSB for the past 2 years now. The team that Brock Parkes is on. Word is that WSB Aprilia is considering going with Pirelli.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
SprintST said:
Definatly agree. It's just like multiple makes of bikes in the races. Variety is cool. Oh, and Pirelli has been back in WSB for the past 2 years now. The team that Brock Parkes is on. Word is that WSB Aprilia is considering going with Pirelli.
And no one wants to ride for them now. :laughing

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Man, I'm tellin' ya...Bridgestone has got some bad-ass new tires. I really think they're gonna be shocking the motorcycle world soon. Have any of you tried the BT001's yet? OMG, they're friggin' AWSOME!!!! I've been on several race tires now and they are without a doubt my favorite. I love those tires more than I did the Bridgestone slicks I used. They just grip like glue. They are the BT010's to the D207's!!!!! Also don't forget that Bridgestone is the LARGEST tire company in the world. (I know considering I used to work for them. Man do I miss walking up to the vice-pres of motorcycle/kart tires and saying "order me a pair of xxx tires!) They are the Honda of the tire world. All they have to do is decide where to put their money. I think they've just decided ;) Again, I challenge any of you racer/track day enthusiasts to just give the BT001's a try. You'll be amazed, I promise!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts