Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edwards Appears Out Of Ducati Contract
by dean adams
Tuesday, October 08, 2002

Neil Hodgson can breath a little easier this morning.

It appears that Colin Edwards II will not be racing for Ducati Corse in 2003.

Negotiations have been underway for a week to extract Edwards from the letter of intent that Edwards signed at Imola. And as of this morning sources in Europe say that it appears that a settlement has been worked out that would allow Edwards to race for another team in 2003.

Details are sketchy, but neither side appear angry, which could indicate they got what they wanted out of an exit agreement.

It is unknown who will replace Edwards at Ducati Corse, or what Edwards' plans for 2003 are. It is known that he has multiple GP offers for next season.

Neil Hodgson goes back to #1 rider status at Corse's factory Superbike team.

ENDS
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,229 Posts
Interesting. Well atleast he'll be used to the traveling and tracks. One less thing he'll have to do, over say Hayden.
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
16,949 Posts
As much as I don't mind Rossi, I do want him exposed to show he isn't god on 2 wheels. :D

I hope Edwards and Bayliss and crew are up for it is all.
 

·
Where we going?
Joined
·
3,221 Posts
Ian said:
As much as I don't mind Rossi, I do want him exposed to show he isn't god on 2 wheels. :D

I hope Edwards and Bayliss and crew are up for it is all.
I agree....it is no fun to watch one person completely dominate a racing series. It is neat for a little while, but then you just hope that somebody beats him.

I like Rossi, I just want to see him REALLY work for it. I think he'll have a lot more competition this year.

As much as I'm a honda fan, I wouldn't mind seeing Edwards on the M1. I think we need someone who can make a run at the Hondas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
Edwards not on a Ducati! Thank the Lord! I would have hated rooting for him next year.

On another note, if Edwards goes to MotoGP, what happens to the number #1 plate in WSBK? Will there be no #1 bike next year?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,229 Posts
Krik_6R said:
On another note, if Edwards goes to MotoGP, what happens to the number #1 plate in WSBK? Will there be no #1 bike next year?
Correct, the #1 plate is only for the rider that earned it. If he moves on, no one wears it next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
falconeight said:
Thats crazy I didn't even know Ducati offered him a ride.
:rant don't resurrect threads ever ever ever! unless they REALLY apply to something happening in the present racing scene (even that is questionable) or there is a quote from something I once posted in there that makes me look good!...those are the only two exceptions.



I mean, dang it falconeight! I read through this whole dang thread 4 times before I realized it was 5 years old! :crackup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,225 Posts
Yeah at first i thought that he had turned down a ride MotoGP ride on a ducati for 07 or the second factory WSBK. Thanks for bringing up OLD new yet again. :redflip

Next thread by falconeight, "HAHAHAHA Kenny Roberts JR. is 2000 500cc GP world Champion"

Now I know that the off season is pretty boaring, but come on come up with better things then this. And would you really be suprised that ducat would offer a WSBK champion a ride on there factory bike. They have probobly the best bike so of course they would want the best rider. No big suprise there.
 

·
You can keep your CHANGE
Joined
·
1,931 Posts
WTF
that throw me WAY off, until i saw the date of the thread.


damn you....
 

·
STONERISTIC
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
redsv1000boy said:
Yeah at first i thought that he had turned down a ride MotoGP ride on a ducati for 07 or the second factory WSBK. Thanks for bringing up OLD new yet again. :redflip

Next thread by falconeight, "HAHAHAHA Kenny Roberts JR. is 2000 500cc GP world Champion"

Now I know that the off season is pretty boaring, but come on come up with better things then this. And would you really be suprised that ducat would offer a WSBK champion a ride on there factory bike. They have probobly the best bike so of course they would want the best rider. No big suprise there.

HAHAH Roberts Jr. rocks one of the only two to beat Rossi in the premier class. And both Americans, we kick ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,225 Posts
falconeight said:
HAHAH Roberts Jr. rocks one of the only two to beat Rossi in the premier class. And both Americans, we kick ass.
KRJR only won because Rossi and Jerrmy thought they would spend the first year learning the 500. After that he was like, shit we could have won if we tried. Read his book.
 

·
STONERISTIC
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
redsv1000boy said:
KRJR only won because Rossi and Jerrmy thought they would spend the first year learning the 500. After that he was like, shit we could have won if we tried. Read his book.
And right. he could of won every race but he didn't feel like it. Cause it say so in the book they wrote.:rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
falconeight said:
HAHAH Roberts Jr. rocks one of the only two to beat Rossi in the premier class. And both Americans, we kick ass.
'yawn'

2 championships in 13 years...yep, us Americans have definitely been 'kicking ass' as you say :rolleyes
 

·
STONERISTIC
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
cbRRacer said:
'yawn'

2 championships in 13 years...yep, us Americans have definitely been 'kicking ass' as you say :rolleyes
Come on for a country that really doesn't give a shit about motorcycle racing we kick ass. How many Championships have Spain,Germany,Britain, France, Australia, and Japan had. And motorcycle racing is very important to those countries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
falconeight said:
Come on for a country that really doesn't give a shit about motorcycle racing we kick ass.
Just because the general population doesn't care about motorcycling is no excuse. The ones who race know it's the top class in the world.



Check out the stats for all classes. link
 

·
STONERISTIC
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
Roberts said:
Just because the general population doesn't care about motorcycling is no excuse. The ones who race know it's the top class in the world.



Check out the stats for all classes. link
A like what r u talking about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
falconeight said:
A like what r u talking about?
Uhh, like, totally (neck snap) All the American racers know about GP Racing. They chose not to go. Has nothing to do with the general population. So in retrospect, we do not kick ass, we sit on our hands.

As for the link, it shows a lot of the countries you mentioned. Maybe not at the top level, but most are in there.



**edit, ok so the other link didn't work http://www2.motogp.com/en/motogp/in...earch&menu=archive&section=champ&option=rider
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top