Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Rolling Chicane
Joined
·
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were buying a 520 chain for a gixxer..........which would you go with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,267 Posts
Sig said:
If you were buying a 520 chain for a gixxer..........which would you go with?
DID X-RING. If you want a little stronger chain go with a 1000cc rated one. Ask Sentinel he will tell you the same.:thumb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
If you get a top line x chain they are all about the same. Everyone will pretty much tell what the have is the best. I have used EK 520RXO and never had any problems, but also know other racers that have used DID an RK without any problems.
 

·
"Whatever It Takes"
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
Yea X ring is definitely the ticket. Gotta get the gold though just for the pure look of it :thumb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,633 Posts
Gold is blingin' baby :nanana.

I have the DID x-ring....and its the bestest :redflip.

But get what floats your boat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
ZREXROB said:
the amount you ride that bike the stock one will last you years:redflip
:crackup :crackup :crackup


Hey Sig Man the D.I.D. Gold X-Ring is the one I had put on that day we went to Team Charlotte that you said you liked.
 

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
Joined
·
6,239 Posts
I run the RK xring. I get 17000+ miles out of each. And if you have to have the "gold" they have it too. About the same strength for all of them, very minor differences. I just have always found RK to be a few dollars cheaper for a great product!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,267 Posts
TLstreak said:
I run the RK xring. I get 17000+ miles out of each. And if you have to have the "gold" they have it too. About the same strength for all of them, very minor differences. I just have always found RK to be a few dollars cheaper for a great product!
Is your chain a 520?:confused
 

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
Joined
·
6,239 Posts
naa I run a 530 still. Not going to make a difference on the TL either way. So I stay with the 530 for increased mileage;)
 

·
Rolling Chicane
Joined
·
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come on man.......got the light wheels.......might as well have the light chain. :D
 

·
Rolling Chicane
Joined
·
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick question here.........I was looking at getting the EK chain. Their options are "gold" and "chrome"


Now I'd like just have a silver one.......is that what they mean by "chrome?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Sig said:
Come on man.......got the light wheels.......might as well have the light chain. :D
Yeah, TLstreak has all the go-fast goodies. :thumb Those wheels are for "increased mileage"! :laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Sig said:
Quick question here.........I was looking at getting the EK chain. Their options are "gold" and "chrome"


Now I'd like just have a silver one.......is that what they mean by "chrome?"
I have both a gold and chrome ek chain, don't know what the 'chrome' finish is but it is shiny silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,063 Posts
TLstreak said:
Nothing to make the bike go fast. Just ride better, and it does, night and day difference!
Jeff you did it right in my book :thumb The advantages of 520 chains and aluminium sprockets are just not worth the loss in mileage especialy when you ride as much as we do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,267 Posts
Sig said:Now I'd like just have a silver one.......is that what they mean by "chrome?"
You have to ask Boomer about that one.:laughing If it's chrome he will know!:D
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top