Votes: 9 60.0%
  • In neutral?

Votes: 6 40.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering cuz I do them holding the clutch in and my buddy does them while in neutral. We both roll them out good and at bp so I am just trying to see what works for everyone else...

DeeZ

·
Registered
669 Posts
A little of both, depends on the conditions I guess.
Obviously if I am taking my left hand off then I bump it down into neutral. If my legs are over the front then I am pulling in the clutch. But for just straight out stoppies I think I tend to pull in the clutch more often.

On another note, I never cared about the noise my bike makes when it comes down from an endo but then someone kept bugging me to tap the rear brake before it makes contact with the ground and magically it set down nice and quietly. Now I try to remember to do it all the time.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Not hitting the brake before landing will cause a ton of damage to your bike over time. Make sure to always tap it right before you land. But also make sure to NEVER hit it in the middle of your stoppie. Wait untill the last second

·
Cycle Forums Top 10 Most Wanted:
1,557 Posts
Neutral beyyotch--pic brings back old memories..now the weezy and the nine-2-neezy fight. I'm going to do some more with the clutch in though--I got one-handers on the 929 on LOCK too--I can't WAIT until this spring!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nags...is it cuz of the drivetrain still moving and coming to a sudden stop or added load or what is it? And when I do one handers I obviously snap into neutral but on other times I like to leave it in second or first so I can roll right out of it. And I am not asking in regards to trick within endos but to rolling out the long, smooth looking motherfuckers that are just gangsta as fuck!

DeeZ

·
Registered
179 Posts
nags said:
But also make sure to NEVER hit it in the middle of your stoppie. Wait untill the last second
like D said.. why?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Fat H0's Stalk Me said:
like D said.. why?
The answer to why not in the middle of your stoppie is cause the wheel has momentum and tapping the brake will effect the height of the bike. Just like dirtbikers tap the brake or give some gas to level out a bike in the air, the same goes for stoppies.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its the gyroscopic (read - balancing) effect a rotating wheel will have on the rest of the bike. But what I was asking was the drop portion, like what can get hurt and for what reason other then a sudden stop which is the same type of stop as if you do a slide or whatever where u lock the back wheel right after it was spinning fast.

DeeZ

·
Registered
669 Posts
DeeZR6 said:
Well its the gyroscopic (read - balancing) effect a rotating wheel will have on the rest of the bike. But what I was asking was the drop portion, like what can get hurt and for what reason other then a sudden stop which is the same type of stop as if you do a slide or whatever where u lock the back wheel right after it was spinning fast.

DeeZ
I don't know either, maybe Nags can explain more, since I got my 929 I have been using the brake as the rear comes down but prior to that I stunted a ZX9R for 2 years and I never hit the rear brake and I never had anything wear, brake or anything strange happen that I could attribute to stoppies.

·
1,557 Posts
Dkmssl said:
I don't know either, maybe Nags can explain more, since I got my 929 I have been using the brake as the rear comes down but prior to that I stunted a ZX9R for 2 years and I never hit the rear brake and I never had anything wear, brake or anything strange happen that I could attribute to stoppies.
Ditto. I've been doing all KINDS of endos on my R1 and never touch the rear brake. No problems in my drive train--matter of fact my original chain and sprockets lasted 20,000 miles and could have kept going. I'm over 32,000 right now.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Answer?

·
1,557 Posts
I'll take, "FUCK IT and just STUNT" for a thousand Alex.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts