Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a solution to this dilemma with John and that Old Bastard. There is a SRRS race at Jennings on the 9th of January. It is broken into 2 classes,Pro/Novice depending on if you are over or under 1:30. This is a Sunday so let's make that one and find out for good.

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
Sounds good, I'll bring the camcorder! And the popcorn. :showtime

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts

Don't need a license. Just a number on your bike with the usual track day/prep.

http://www.jenningsgp.com/trackdays.htm

SRRS

JENNINGSGP offers riders participating in a specified Track Day to experience the passion of racing by entering an SRRS (Southern Road Race Series) race.

No race license is required and everyone participating in the specified Track Day may enter the race for FREE.

SRRS races do not interfere with the Track Day scheduled for that day
The racers will be divided in to two groups, Pro & Novice.
Lap times under 1:30 will be in the Pro racing group.
Lap times over 1:30 will be in the Novice racing group.

We do ask that you place a racing number on your bike for the race. You may purchase numbers at your local motorcycle shop and it would be best if you have a unique number. Yes we would all like to be #1.

Sign up for the races will be held the morning of your Track Day. Races will start after the lunch break.

Please check the schedule for specified SRRS events.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
Bike has to have two wheels, at least one cylinder, and pass the usual tech inspection.

"Race what you bring, just make sure you bring enough."

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
there really is no contest is there:confused 600 vs. 1000 call me silly but .............

just please do not get so into it that you guys end up like Brent and his friend did. Somebody be the man

·
Titanium Inside
4,431 Posts
you are silly :D

600's are shorter and generally can go through corners faster. Besides, on a track it's all rider anyway.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hatch,
Won't it be hard to eat popcorn and race at the same time? Look forward to seeing John's point of view. I am sure he is all for it.

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
oldwheelieguy said:
dame it...........now i gotta track out my 1000............sh!t.....:rant
Jennings is pretty tight. Might turn better times with a 600. Especially if that's what you're used to on the track. It all depends on the rider. Some people go faster on a 600 on the track than with a 1000. It's easier to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow. In other words, on a liter, someone may ease thru the corners to avoid spinning up the rear, or it's just harder to turn. Then on a 600, they can carry more corner speed and get on the throttle quicker, and get on the brakes later coming into the next turn.

Not trying to say a 600 is faster than a 1000 on a straight, but on a tight course, maybe the 600 is better for a 'newbie' racer. WERA doesn't even allow novices on liter bikes. But as usual, it's going to come down to the rider.

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
choppertim said:
Hatch,
Won't it be hard to eat popcorn and race at the same time? Look forward to seeing John's point of view. I am sure he is all for it.
I figure the show in the pits will be entertaining. I was going to film it, but I'll race if someone else wants to be camera crew.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well since I have strategically kept my times at 1:30+ I will be able to film the fast group. Should be fun.

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
choppertim said:
Well since I have strategically kept my times at 1:30+ I will be able to film the fast group. Should be fun.
Oh, so you've been slow on purpose. Now I see! :nanana :nanana

Just kidding man! For only having a couple of track days, you are hauling a$$. It took me dozens of track days to get where you are now.

At 1:28's, I'm going to be in the BACK of my group, but having a blast!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I think I might go out and whoop all of you:redflip well maybe not but it sounds good:nanana

·
Registered
285 Posts
Haha Jason, when you're prepping it up make sure you dont' forget to put a sprocket with under a 1000 teeth on the rear!:redflip

·
Why Be Rational?
159 Posts
Jennings Lap Record

I believe the lap record at Jennings is 1:15.81, and that it was set on an Aprilia 250. On the jennings home page there is a section for lap records.

·
Registered
175 Posts
GIXXERKIDD said:
there really is no contest is there:confused 600 vs. 1000 call me silly but .............

just please do not get so into it that you guys end up like Brent and his friend did. Somebody be the man
Your forgeting about my 250 lol I'll take on someones 1000

1 - 20 of 22 Posts