Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever think that a certain someone was "THE ONE" for you?
you get engaged...almost about to get married
then, you find out a few things about the person/family...
and then you're heart's broken into a million pieces??

:twoguns :love2 :badass

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah but I am not good to talk to just yet it is hard when your heart is in a bunch of pieces that don't make any sense.... one day they will, but hang in there you are not alone.....

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
Sorry man
everything okay??
Well obviously it isn't but I mean in the long run?

Peace Out

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. Whatever doesn't kill you will only make you stronger though. And hopefully.. You'll make some sense of what's going on and know that she obviously wassn't the one for you.. Good luck Buddy.. Hope things pick up for you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
actually dude, I completely understand! I was engaged to the girl i was with for 6 months... then saw what a lying, cheating, PSYCHO she was and backed out of it... i'm sorry, but relationships, and women suck:mad I'm tired of giving it all, and receiving nothing in return! Hang in there though, focus your attention on something else, such as riding or some other hobby. I'm not going to say it gets better cuz I haven't seen it get better, but I know it does change! Hang in there dude. PM me if you wanna chat!

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Sucks man, but better before than after...

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Man hope everything is ok, I myself am getting married in less than a month. I really can't stand my g/f family. We have been together for 3 1/2 yrs. Her mom thinks I was bad person from the start cause I had a earring. Just remember your not going to marry her family, but her.

If the problem is her family, try when married not to make it yours, or try to avoid their problems in your marriage. If it is with her, the best advice is to talk to her about it. Confront the problem now before get married. It must be a big concern to you and she needs to know it.

Alway easier to explain how come than what the hell.

Dave

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
khuram0786 said:

It happened to me. I was so "in love" that I married her anyway and now I am regretting it after 7 years, one child and finally a divorce.

·
Registered
904 Posts
khuram0786 said:

thought i met "the one"
went out for 6 years was engaged...
i didnt have any family problems with hers, actually we got along great...
she broke it off, just one day she came over and said that she will always love me but she cant be with me anymore:confused

later i found out she had met someone at work and ended up marrying him a year later...

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Re: Re: Ever Had this happen?

nace said:
thought i met "the one"
she broke it off, just one day she came over and said that she will always love me but she cant be with me anymore:confused

later i found out she had met someone at work and ended up marrying him a year later...
Ouch !!!

That hurts man...... I feel for ya

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Re: Re: Ever Had this happen?

nace said:
thought i met "the one"

I read that and it made my stomache hurt. Thats horrible man.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
sounds like you need a nice long group ride with friends to just let your mind go. Sorry to hear about it though:(

·
Registered
904 Posts
yeah i won't lie, it hurt, hurt alot, wouldn't wish that to happen to my worst enemy...

for me it took a long time to "adjust"
i had trouble just being around people in general, work, family functions, etc...

what i never understood was that some of the mutual friends that we had decided to choose sides...

i was at a birthday party at a friend's house once and a few of them were there (5-6 of them), havent seen them in awhile and decided to socialize and see how they were doing...to my confusion i got the cold shoulder from all of them...from then on i said f'em who needs "friends" like that...

i found out real quick who my real friends were...

and then i got a bike (something i always wanted but the ex was against) and made a whole bunch of new ones:D
so many we have our own sub-forum here (GSSC) :D

anyway, khuram if you need to talk/vent pm me...

·
Registered
471 Posts
khuram0786 said:

Been engaged twice...walked in on the first one fucking some asshole :mad and the second one kicked me out and stopped talking to me, came home one night at like midnight after having left the house at 6am for class then work she was like "Umm I think you need to move out." no explanation no nothing :confused

It sucks man and hurts like hell, but cliche as it sounds, it does get better, the pain does lessen!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
chammer said:
people suck :(
Maybe that's why so many people are antisocial (different thread).

Sorry things didn't work out khuram. But it's better to find out now than later down the road. It gives you more opportunity (and time) to find who's really the one for you. Was this a recent occurence?

~Nist

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks A LOT for your support, guys AND gals ;)

I wrote a long message and it got erased so here's a shorter version.....

After doing some serious thinking, I decided it was best to swallow my pride and talk to her to see what was going on because, yes I will admit that I did not and do not want to lose her...
See lives in another state, and so we have to get by on talking over the phone and IM for now...well, there were some things she was keeping from me b/c she was afraid of how it would make her and her family look...so after talking about the "issues", we decided it would be best if I took a trip to the the West Coast to see them/her again to work these things out...
so, we told each other that we both love one another and don't want to let these trivial things get in the way of us being together as they don't have any bearing on our feelings towards each other...
so, yes, we are still engaged but are going to work out the 'issues' before taking that walk

Once again, I want to thank all of YOU who took out the time to read, respond and share your own experiences bc that is NOT easy to do

[insert HUGE 'THANK YOU' banner here]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts