Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a digital camera for my girlfriend and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Tracking info says it was delivered at 12:54pm, but I was here at that time feeding and walking the dogs. So I call Fedex and tell them that we have never signed a signature release waiver, as everything goes to the leasing office anyway. Courier says it was left in front of the door, and I haven't seen it yet. Apparently Fedex leaves all packages 14 days before Christmas, and I need to go ahead and file a claim form. I guess they figure they can save more money by cutting their time and work load and just pay for whatever losses they may incur. Sucks for my girlfriend though, as I can't really afford to just go out and by another in the meantime.

Ok, done ranting, just thought I would let people know of this fedex policy of leaving packages before Christmas, in case any of you are waiting for something.

·
King of something
4,583 Posts
Yeah I hate when I'm expecting something delivered.
You never know when they are gonne be there, so how the hell are you supposed to be there when they show!?
I have all my packages delivered to my work now. They only come when they are open, and there is always someone here to accept it. Works out great now.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Hell yeah - I'm gonna start following around the FedEx guy 2 weeks before Christmas! :redflip

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SD72GSXR said:
Yeah I hate when I'm expecting something delivered.
You never know when they are gonne be there, so how the hell are you supposed to be there when they show!?
I have all my packages delivered to my work now. They only come when they are open, and there is always someone here to accept it. Works out great now.
Well, I'm in an apartment, and the leasing office is happy to sign for packages. If nobody is home, driver takes it to the leasing office and they sign for it and hold it. However, for some reason they just decided to leave it at the front door, leaving me with no gift to give.

·
Registered
181 Posts
JBTX said:
Well then why don't you fill me in...
first: you start with "fuck fedex"......why? validate that comment thoroughly from your perspective. because the driver followed his company policy and if the package was left at the correct address and it walked off, who's fault is that? did you choose fedex or did the company you ordered the item from choose?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coolhand said:
first: you start with "fuck fedex"......why? validate that comment thoroughly from your perspective. because the driver followed his company policy and if the package was left at the correct address and it walked off, who's fault is that? did you choose fedex or did the company you ordered the item from choose?
The company I ordered from chose Fedex, not me. The driver may have follwed company policy by leaving the package, but I didn't say fuck the driver now did I? However, with a little common since, the driver would have simply left it at the leasing office like they normally do, so as to ensure the safety of the customers package, unless they really don't care... I mean, he had to drive by the leasing office on the way out. I can say fuck Fedex because we have never signed a signature release waiver for this exact reason. For Fedex to simply start leaving packages at the doors of those who do not have waivers on file is totally careless business, when they are being trusted to ensure that you receive your items.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
coolhand said:
Relax man, he's venting. He's upset. Don't logic him to death. :rolleyes

Plus, you're "logic" is poop. :laughing

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
coolhand said:
:laughing
so fedex should not be responsible for the packages they deliver?:confused
As far as I understood(my biggest dealing with Fedex was watching Castaway) Fedex is offering a shipping service, and the would mean delivering the item to the proper party, not leaving it somewhere and hoping for the best.:shake

BTW do you work for Fedex?:confused

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
Milo said:
Plus, you're "logic" is poop. :laughing
yeah, somebody got worked.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd say the driver fucked up then, not the company, by not using common sense in this instance. we've got fedex and ups drivers that leave packages all the time but they hide them in the doghouse or under porch furniture. i usually hope they do leave things, as i want them asap. but did you read or become aware of this christmas policy before or after the fact....seems after. and the company you ordered from should have told you of their delivery policy and the carrier of choices christmas delivery policy anyway. i ordered a chainsaw over the internet recently, and the company had their delivery policies on the sight, stating a signature was required on any orders. this was their requirement, not the carriers.... better luck next time:D

i work in the transportation industry and deal with irrate(rightly so, but with mis-directed anger) customers daily
but claims typically fall on the carriers shoulders whether or not it was their fault ie: hidden damage, missing items, etc

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Regardless, I think a carrier leaving a package without a signature waiver on file from the recipient is extremely irresponsible business. And with a quick look online, I don't see anything jumping out at me about this on FedEx's website. I was told this over the phone when I spoke to a rep this morning, after they confirmed with the courier that the package was left outside the door of the apartment.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
JBTX said:
Regardless, I think a carrier leaving a package without a signature waiver on file from the recipient is extremely irresponsible business. And with a quick look online, I don't see anything jumping out at me about this on FedEx's website. I was told this over the phone when I spoke to a rep this morning, after they confirmed with the courier that the package was left outside the door of the apartment.
When I ordered my gear from online, the tracking # showed it had been delivered a couple hours earlier and I'd been sitting near the door that whole time, and I never got it. I called UPS, and they played phone tag with the driver till they got ahold of him, and it turned out he was on his way to my house, but just to save time he'd marked the package as "delivered" electronically on his keypad but was running behind schedule.

Sometimes shit happens. It'll get straightened out in the meantime, but I definitely think you got a right to be pissed off bro. That sucks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
JBTX said:
yeah, driver probably left numerous packages on doorsteps that day and it caught up with him.
the customer is always right in the end.............hopefully they will do what it takes to please you and you get the replacement to you asap.... and all you'll lose is the thrill of giving it as a gift. at least it wasnt some rare irreplaceable collectable item. then i'd be really pissed!;)

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
coolhand said:
Depends on the merchant ............ I work for a online company and they signed a contract with fedex indicating they MUST have a signature from the customer at his door and they are not, under any surcombstances allowed to leave it at the door, even upon customer's request.. :shrug and I still get customers calling that fedex left it at the door... signed by F. Rontdoor.... :rolleyes ........ fedex is too big a company to know everything.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
Right now I say fuck the USPS, too. Our delivery person left a decent size box on my porch 2 weeks ago. I live a block away from the ghetto and when I returned home 8 hours later, the box was gone. Their logic "since it was only insured for $100 the driver left it. File a claim."

Pisses me off. Now, the guy who sent it won't return emails and I haven't heard from him. I paid for the insurance.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Well 11 years at UPS I think I can add to this a little. Driver release, which is what happened is a common policy with UPS and I would assume fed ex. With UPS certain neighborhoods you would need a signature so you couldnt release anything, but in other places you could. It would also depend on the package contents/the company who shipped it expensive items usually require a signature. Now what could have happened is the driver left it and someone saw it and now they have a new camera, or the driver himself may have taken it for himself ( It can and does happen) If its a one time deal the companies insurance sucks it up and you will get the camera, but if its a recurrent problem they will investigate to see whats going on be it the driver or someone stealing the packages or the recipient putting in false claims. The big shipping companies loose a lot of mone because of fraud and thievery.

Tom

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well I hate Fed-ex too! :D Although I actually have the opposite complaint. :laughing Seems like everytime I order something that comes Fed-ex a signature is required. Of course, they deliver in the early afternoon when no one can be home so I always have to mess with trying to get them to come out again later, or go by and pick it up from the nearest delivery center. PITA! And, no, you normally have no option to pick which carrier to use, and often you are not told ahead of time. What seems strange to me is a lot of websites will use UPS for most of their deliveries, but Fed-ex for the next-day stuff. :confused And of course, I'm always left thinking, "I ordered it next-day and I want it NOW! Not a day or two from now when I can work out getting it from Fed-ex. " :rant

Still, it seems logical to me that dropping off a package to the front door of a house in a decent neighborhood where it's not visible from the street would work a little better than an Apartment with who knows who coming and going near the door.

I dunno about Fed-ex but we talked to a UPS supervisor one time, and he explained the whole deal about certain neighborhoods typically have no problem so they'll just drop the stuff of, and others they never will. He said it's easier/cheaper to just take a loss on the few times stuff disappears from the "good" areas.

·
Hair Pie
477 Posts
Just the other day I was waiting for a package to be delivered by ups. When I got home it was not on the front step so I called up the next day,and they told me it was delivered to my side door. WTF who checks their side door when they come home? If they left a note on the front door stating what they did it would not be so bad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts