Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wandering what the top speed on the f4i is with stock gearing. I have a used one with different gearing that only got to 162 mph. I was a little dissappointed with that speed. I'm 220pnds and 6'2 so that may also have a little to do with it to.

·
Registered
426 Posts
DISAPPOINTED!? What do ya need to be going that fast for? Okay but seriously...my F4 geared down a tooth in the front will *rev* limit at 167 actual. So really, stock gearing don't expect more than 165.... The power isn't there on the tip of the rev range to rev limit with stock gearing (mine could barely hit 160), and since the main diff. between F4/i is fuel injection, I would assume our gearing is pretty much the same.
...if that helps ya any...?

btw, ur bike looks nice, good mods, very clean..... (post pics of honda thread)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment. And yea i haven't had the bike too long now but i just figured it would get at least 170 or 175. Like i said earlier i'm not the smallest of people so that may have a little or actually it probably has a lot to do with it. If i could loose about 40 or so pounds i may get 5 or 10 miles more out of it. lol

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
stop complaining. my naked triumph tops out at 140mph.

:D

·
Wannabe racer................
2,520 Posts
I had my 2000 F4 dyno'd, FULLY stock.

168mph true speed
180mph read on the speedo

That's on a dyno without wind resistance or my fat ass on it. The fastest I've had it is maxed out in 6th at VIR and my speedo read 165....................So figure I was doing at LEAST 155mph true speed.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Ian said:
Considering the fastest bikes in the world can only muster 175-186 mph. Granted there are reasons for that. No 600 is getting 170 mph.
There are bikes that go faster than 186.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Ian said:
Except for '99, not from the factory they don't.
well not from the factory...

but often thats due to some speed governing.

i dont know of many 600s that can do 170 though. 600rrs can get up and go to around there i think

·
Registered
714 Posts
Well mine did 166 on a rear stand in my garage yesterday. :laughing
I've seen 160 on the gauge at 12K in 6th, stock gearing and indicated. I'm 5'10", 175lb.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have heard that the F4i is limited to 167- if you get a speedo healer you can actually hit it with some mods. I only weigh 150 and have seen 167 on my speedo-but then slooowed down. :D Since then I dropped a tooth on the front and while it gets there faster I dont have a healer yet so still dont know what it is capable of.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts