Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
BLESS YOUR HEART
1,680 Posts
My 2000 cbr600f4 has shown 166 on the speedometer until the corner came up. The only modification was taking out the ram air ducts. Other than that, completely stock including OEM exhaust. Compare that to my stock 2004 cbr1000rr bouncing the rev limiter and the forks at 175mph.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
spncrwhls said:
I have heard that the F4i is limited to 167- if you get a speedo healer you can actually hit it with some mods. I only weigh 150 and have seen 167 on my speedo-but then slooowed down. :D Since then I dropped a tooth on the front and while it gets there faster I dont have a healer yet so still dont know what it is capable of.
Why not limited to 167.5 mph? 1.1 gigawatts perhaps?

You didn't read this thread did you?

·
Registered
567 Posts
My 04 rr is stock my weight is 156 and I have been clocked with a laser at 169mph! thanks to a cop friend and co rider. the f4i should do approx 158-160

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
169 mph?? Come on. You have some work done or something.

Weight has nothing to do with top speed.

I don't see how a bike like a 600RR, with no conscience effort to make it aero efficient, and only 100hp will come within a few miles per hour of liter bikes with similar aero deficiencies.

·
Wannabe racer................
2,520 Posts
bruingoal6 said:
My 04 rr is stock my weight is 156 and I have been clocked with a laser at 169mph! thanks to a cop friend and co rider. the f4i should do approx 158-160
No way dude.

Your cop friend needs to get his radar gun calibrated.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ian said:
Why not limited to 167.5 mph? 1.1 gigawatts perhaps?

You didn't read this thread did you?
I did read it-but I have read other threads on this subject also. Perhaps I shall go test it soon. Look for me on the news. :rolleyes

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Use your head, a 600 can't even get to 167, regardless of what some say in this thread :rolleyes, so why would they limit the speed?

Why limit the speed of a 600 and not the liter bikes?

·
Registered
714 Posts
maherj said:
Well mine did 166 on a rear stand in my garage yesterday. :laughing
sargeek1975 said:
166 indicated.......................and that's not very bright. :shake
Ian said:
If I had to guess he is joking.
Forgot about this thread. Not joking and yes indicated. I had put on a manual cam tensioner and was trying to adjust it with a load on the engine (running on stands). I had seen 160 on the gauge a few weeks before and it didn't feel like it had much left so I wanted to find out what the top speed was RPM wise. So after the CCT was adjusted I popped it into 6th stood on the right side with my foot covering the rear brake and topped it out. So 166 indicated is the shift light in 6th on my F4i with stock gearing. I'm sure real world is probably more around 150.
I did test out how well the rear brake would stop the wheel before I tried this, the ss line and hh pads lock it up without a problem.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Don't worry I was dragging my foot on the tire to slow it down some to simulate a load. ;)
jk
Yes I think running it on a stand puts more load on the engine then reving it in neutral. I was just trying to get it roughly adjusted so I could go test ride it.

:laughing If it makes you feel any better I haven't reproduced.

·
Registered
97 Posts
u kids r playin the oldest pissin match

Why do ya talk all the smack? What r u possibly going to do with your bike at 130-140-160mph other than put on the brakes cause U CANT TURN!
If u could turn u would talk about acceleration out of the turns-not running out of power where you cant use it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Physics end most foolish arguments like this quickly. A 90-100whp F4i with stock aerodynamic properties isn't going 160mpg in anything classified as "normal" conditions. I'm sure you could find a hurricane and pull something off if you really tried.

As already mentioned, weight has_nothing to do with top speed. The 24Xmph buggati veryon weighs almost 4k lbs.

·
BLESS YOUR HEART
1,680 Posts
Take the ram air off. I routinely get 10 mph more with it off. Why, I don't know. The max I can do with it on was 154mph each time. With it off, it can jump to 162mph and depending on the weather it will go past this sweet spot.

That's honda speedometer readings, actual speed is less. I'm not sure why stock gearing lies.

·
Shooter
64 Posts
I had a 2001 F4i. Decent bike, but 160MPH? That's funny. With a pipe, tuned I was able to get the Speedo to read almost 170. But the actual speed was in the low 150's. This F4i was also one of the fastest 600's I have ridden. Out ran other F4i's even though I am 220lbs. I had had good luck with bikes, my 600F2 hit 147 on radar with a D&D pipe and jetting. That was super fast for any 600 back then.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts