Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to put this out there to let everyone with an f4i know about this little problem I was having. The mechanism that actually locks the seat to frame is attached to the frame by a screw. About a month ago I couldn't close my trunk, I finally realized that the screw was loose and the locking mechanism was loose. Finally after about 3 weeks of dealing with it I took it apart and the threads from actual mechanism came out as I backed the screw out :doublefli . There were some threads left so I put some locktite on there and so far so good. Just an FYI for everyone.

·
Registered
597 Posts
For anyones information if your lock mechanism malfunctions for whatever reason and you can't get your seat off you can access the cable by pushing the bottom of your taillight in. This allows you to access the cable and cable stay.
My cable had actually slipped off the cable stay so that when I turned the lock the cable and the cable sleeve moved together. I was able to slip it back together by going thru the taillight.

This is on an F4i.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts