Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now getting ready for my 3rd of 7 party's I MUST go to this year and I have just about had it with the "your children are so well behaved/don't be so strict with them" comments:rolleyes
I have three well behaved kids because Kim and I do not let them run around crazy doing stupid shit! We do not just scream and yell at them ;) we expect them to behave like they do at home!
And if I say do not give them candy I mean do not give them candy!!! Anyone else??

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I know exactly how you fell....

And the candy part can REALLY REALLY piss me of !!!!

Just stick with your opinion and enjoy having well behaved children !!!!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I hate going to company partys, there are always kids running around screaming and throwing things I swear to god I just want to stomp their little fucking heads in untill they stop squirming...
If you don't want that to be your kid than keep them on a leash if they can't be civilized god damnit.

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,142 Posts
karl_1052 said:
Gaff and Kims mom
sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

:redflip :redflip :redflip
cheap cheating bastard could at least buy kims mom a hotel room if he wanted to play hide the salami with her :shake :nanana

a tree... thats low :shake :laughing

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
karl_1052 said:
Gaff and Kims mom
sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

:redflip :redflip :redflip
It is not just her mom it is the whole freaking family!! And Yuck to the kissing Kim's mom thing:barf

·
Super Moderator
23,510 Posts
Gaff said:
It is not just her mom it is the whole freaking family!! And Yuck to the kissing Kim's mom thing:barf
But you're not denying playing "hide the salami" with her though are ya?:laughing

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
On topic, I HATE when people tell me how well behaved my kids are, and then take it upon themselves to tell my kids that something that I have told them, such as no more junk food, or help clear the table, can be ignored!! Why do they think my kids are well behaved?? Perhaps because they have 'rules' they have to follow irrespective of where we are??? :confused I often get the 'don't be so strict' line from family and friends.

The flip side though... the same people who tell me not to be so strict with my kids, get mad when one of my sisters lets her kids behave like little hooligans at family gatherings.... Just can't win I suppose!!

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,142 Posts
2uplvr said:
On topic, I HATE when people tell me how well behaved my kids are, and then take it upon themselves to tell my kids that something that I have told them, such as no more junk food, or help clear the table, can be ignored!! Why do they think my kids are well behaved?? Perhaps because they have 'rules' they have to follow irrespective of where we are??? :confused I often get the 'don't be so strict' line from family and friends.

The flip side though... the same people who tell me not to be so strict with my kids, get mad when one of my sisters lets her kids behave like little hooligans at family gatherings.... Just can't win I suppose!!
i hope noone tells me to behave at our family gatherings :shake

:laughing

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
When my family gets together, I bring my own case of beer. Family gatherings are horrible. I get to spend Christmas day with the MIL. I'm bringing a case of beer for myself and my wife. Allison figures she'll drink 4-6. I told her to bring her own.:D :D

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
:lol

maybe i need to get drunk before xmas this year. hrm... that's a great idea esp since we're doing THREE with MIL. :barf

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Jester27 said:
When my family gets together, I bring my own case of beer. Family gatherings are horrible. I get to spend Christmas day with the MIL. I'm bringing a case of beer for myself and my wife. Allison figures she'll drink 4-6. I told her to bring her own.:D :D
I sure do feel your pain on that one. Went to a party at my sisters house last night and there were a ton of kids running amok in the house, surprisingly nothing was broken, and I just hid in the basement and watched tv. Plus I couldnt even drink because I had to work today:shake Now parties with the gf's family ar eeven worse, I need ot be heavily medicated and usually try to find ways to entertain myself.

Tom

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Debs said:
Your kids are good? :confused I must have caught them on an off night :laughing

j/k The hair pulling though is a big :nono

:laughing
Soooooooooanyway:nanana

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
Gaff said:
I am now getting ready for my 3rd of 7 party's I MUST go to this year and I have just about had it with the "your children are so well behaved/don't be so strict with them" comments:rolleyes
I have three well behaved kids because Kim and I do not let them run around crazy doing stupid shit! We do not just scream and yell at them ;) we expect them to behave like they do at home!
And if I say do not give them candy I mean do not give them candy!!! Anyone else??
One of the best ways to get a verbal dressing down from me is to go ahead and contradict me regarding my kids.

Me: Sierra, get off that couch, we do not stand on furniture. You will sit on the floor until I say otherwise.

My Mom: Oh, it's ok, I told her she could stand on it.

Me: Well, I just told her she can't, and she knows better.

My Mom: But I...

Me: I out rank you on this one, so think about what you're going to say.

·
Thanks for having us all these years, Rez. Best o
20,204 Posts
My future in-laws have a Christmas Eve party every year for family and close friends - it's a blast (for being 70% older people). Plenty of great food, drink and conversation. I usually make a few bucks at the pool table, too. :laughing

This year will be more fun than usual since several of our friends are coming with us.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I'm shipping out to Virginia today for the first all-family Christmas in 5 years. I'm getting ready to run out the door to FedEx to overnight a box to the site. In the box:

1. My XBox and about 10 games.

2. 2 Bottles of Don Julio Silver tequila.

I think that tells you just about all you need to know about me and family gatherings. I love my family...but I can only stand them for so long.

·
Thanks for having us all these years, Rez. Best o
20,204 Posts
H2O_Goalie said:
I love my family...but I can only stand them for so long.
+1

I still haven't made it to Spring City to visit my dad and his wife, as I had planned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts